The Contracts Manager will work with the legal team to review and draft NDAs, amendments/renewals, and other company contracts.
- Assist legal team in the contract approval cycle, including validating final/signed documents to ensure correct versions are signed, and recording and routing contracts to the relevant departments.
- Analyze, summarize, store and maintain the Company’s client contracts using the Apttus software program to ensure that members of various departments within the company are able to use the software as a self-service resource to quickly access copies of client contracts, related documents and data from the database.
- Participate in training offered by Apttus to help the company make the best use of the software and provide training to certain members of other departments in the company on use of the database.
- Responsible for optimizing the contracts database to organize those contracts that have already been stored, including creating reporting templates. Assist the legal department with assessing potential future use of additional tools and features of the software, Apttus, including approval processes and other functionality.
- Set up/organize a database for other types of company contracts, including vendor, supplier, IT, real estate and other types of contracts.
- Support and assist the legal team with corporate governance and subsidiary management, including accessing the company’s online resource tool, Blueprint, in providing such assistance.
- Assist the legal team with other legal matters and projects, including IP, litigation, document review and other matters as may be requested from time to time.
- 3+ years of experience in an in-house contracts management or similar role.
- Must have a college degree.
- Prior experience with management of a contracts repository or database required.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), including redlining contracts.
- Prior use of Apttus and Blueprint (or similar tools) preferred.