Strategic Sourcing Director
strategic Sourcing director - latam
The Strategic Sourcing Director will be responsible for the development and execution of the strategic sourcing strategy on a regional level aligned to the global sourcing strategy. This individual will lead and build a team of strategic sourcing and account managers to identify, develop, and deliver bespoke sourcing solutions in alignment with the business and client requirements as well as supporting the operational business to thrive. The role with manage the supply chain, senior supplier relationships, pricing strategies, and commercial supply chain analyses. The Director will work collaboratively with other regions to ensure consistency in the approach and strategic projects.
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
- Develop and delivery sourcing strategy in conjunction with the global sourcing strategy
- Build sourcing plans by category for the region and client portfolio
- Maximize bottom line profit through generating savings, consolidating spend and agreements with suppliers
- Manage and motivate the strategic supply chain forming strong partnerships
- Develop and manage partnership with internal clients (including efficient cross-functional collaboration)
- Support and advise tactical central production team in proactive work with internal clients to identify, forecast and optimize demand and standardize specifications to maximize savings
- Contribute to a positive work environment and promote teamwork
- Ensure meeting of high ethical standards related to strategic sourcing process
- Provide category expertise to internal customers and clients
- Support Business Development and implementation activities for the assigned categories
- 10+ years of experience within supply chain management, procurement and sourcing
- 5+ years of team management capabilities and work experience in matrix organization
- Strong expertise in 2 or more of the following categories: Print/POSM/Branded Merchandise/Retail environments/Packaging
- Strong leadership and direct client interfacing experience.
- Experience with continuous process improvement and change management.
- Ability to develop, manage and deliver strategic projects
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent negotiations, presentation and high level of commercial acumen
- Results orientated, good communicator and team player
- Languages: Fluent English + other languages advantageous
- Preferable bachelor’s or master degree or equivalent in business, supply chain or engineering