Managing Counsel, EMEA/APAC
managing counsel, EMEA/APAC
The Managing Counsel, EMEA/APAC plays a key role in the company’s continuing growth and success, by serving as a valued partner to company leaders in Operations, Sales, Finance and executive management in establishing and maintaining strong and profitable client relationships, as well as supplier and other key relationships. The Managing Counsel is a critical member of the company’s legal team, sharing responsibility for legal and business strategy development and serving as a trusted legal advisor for all operations and corporate functions both regionally and internationally. This role will be based in Solihull, England, Barcelona, Spain or Prague, Czech Republic.
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
- Partnering with the group’s General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel to support the commercial needs of InnerWorkings’ growing global operations, with a focus on the EMEA and APAC regions.
- Reviewing and preparing complex business process outsourcing agreements and other services agreements with global and regional scope.
- Partnering with senior management to align contracts, positions, and processes with business strategy.
- Providing counseling and transactional support for operations in areas ranging from supply chain relations, employment law, technology and intellectual property, litigation, M&A, compliance, and subsidiary governance, and providing counseling and transactional support for corporate functions, including Finance, Treasury, Marketing, Sourcing, and Human Resources.
- Advising Regional and International senior management on legal rights, obligations, and risks.
- Managing and coordinating outside counsel both locally and internationally where appropriate.
- Coordination and collaboration with all other legal team members to ensure global coverage of legal matters.
- Must have experience drafting and negotiating enterprise services agreements and supporting a global sales team
- Must have experience working with senior management at a global company
- Must have at least seven to ten years of relevant legal experience, including experience as an in-house legal counsel
- Must be business savvy and have a sophisticated understanding of how contract clauses can impact the operational and commercial aspects of a business relationship
- Technology contracts experience preferred
- Additional language skills preferred
- Must be proactive and a team player