The Sourcing Manager is responsible for optimizing our industry-leading certified supplier network. This individual must have a relentless curiosity and passion to drive value and bring forth new or previously unrealized supplier capabilities. Additionally, as this role also serves within our Operational Excellence group, the right individual will have the operational maturity to take responsibility for how we deliver value and the confidence to act as a positive change agent as required.
- Organize large sets of legacy client data, identifying spending trends, product groupings, supplier mix, and current procurement strategies. Strong data acumen is critical.
- Conduct market exercises and develop supplier models in support of both new and existing accounts
- Regularly monitor, measure, and report on-going compliance against delivered strategies and ensure that savings targets are being hit
- Optimize supplier panel, investigate potential suppliers, and make recommendations based on manufacturing limitations, supplier facilities, and schedule availability, ensuring that we have the right partners and market capacity to serve both existing and future needs of our clients.
- Aid in the selection and identification of most appropriate suppliers for new and existing clients
- Serve as a point of escalation for supplier related issues and handle disputes in partnership with our Supplier Relations team
- Promote both the participation and benefits associated with the certified supplier program
- 7+ years of sourcing and purchasing experience, either in the commercial print industry or with promotional products and materials
- Strong leadership and direct client interfacing experience
- Strong experience negotiating job costs and schedules with suppliers
- Independent thinking, strong optimization, and planning abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly proficient with MS Office software, especially with Excel
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments