Corporate Communication and Marketing Officer
- IMPORTANT NOTE –
INL is actively working to mitigate the risk of CoVid-19 and is promoting protection measures within our community with impact in the regular activities. Ongoing and new R&S processes may have changes during this exceptional period. Please check the details in the job vacancy to keep track on any updates.
Corporate Communication and Marketing Officer (Ref.05.21.30)
Employer: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Number of Vacancies: 1
Group/Unit: Corporate Communication and Marketing Office
Required Education: Degree
Employment Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 48 months
Open Date for Applications: July 20th 2021
Closing Date for Applications: September 20th 2021, 23h00 (Lisbon Time)
The International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory – INL (http://www.inl.int), is the first and only International Intergovernmental Organisation in the world entirely focused on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. It was founded under an international legal framework to perform interdisciplinary research, deploy and communicate nanotechnology for the benefit of society. INL aims to be a recognised leading global nanotechnology innovation hub.
Are you an experienced Communications practitioner in the fields of design, web design, and video recording/editing?
INL is seeking a qualified Corporate Communication and Marketing Officer to support the development and integration of high-impact communication strategies and campaigns. This position has been created to assist the fast-paced working and organizational development of INL and take on responsibility for a wide range of diverse tasks.
The selected candidate will be working within the INL Corporate Communication and Marketing Office, which also includes the INL Conference Office.
Job Role & Key Responsibilities
The Corporate Communication and Marketing Officer will undertake the following main activities and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the execution of the INL Communication and Marketing Strategic plan;
- Work closely with the Corporate Communication & Marketing Manager to strategize and develop new communication materials;
- Generate new ideas for video projects and create new material used for, but not limited to shooting videos and conducting field interviews, but also edit material for broadcast, social media, and websites.
- Design and update websites for specific projects aligned with INL´s brand strategy;
- Support events’ communications strategies and all related media communications associated with events and conferences organised by INL;
- Design and edit communication materials and general documents.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Degree in Graphic Design or related fields;
- Post-graduate or Master degree in Marketing, Web Design, Multimedia or related fields will be highly valued.
Experience and Technical Skills
- Adobe Animate, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, Premiere Pro;
- Motion Graphics;
- After effects;
- Knowledge and skills of communications tools and social media platforms;
- Knowledge in SEO will be highly valued;
- Technical photography skills will be highly valued;
- Proficiency with MS Office;
- Strong video editing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong motivation to work both independently and as part of a team in an interdisciplinary environment, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and to meet deadlines;
- Team work spirit;
- Drive for achievement and goal-oriented mind-set;
- Creative thinking skills;
- Highly organised and dynamic;
- Ability to work with external partners and suppliers;
- Strong commitment with deadlines;
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Excellent English (written and spoken) and communication skills are required.
The work plan will be developed at the INL under the guidance of the INL Corporate Communication and Marketing Manager.
Duration of the contract
The total duration of the employment contract shall be 48 months and may be renewed based on the performance of the individual. The expected starting date is October/November 2021.
What we offer
- Work Accidents insurance costs to be paid by INL, to provide coverage for work accidents and invalidity benefits;
- Health insurance with excellent coverage;
- Tax Benefits;
- A family allowance for staff members that are married or that are living under the status of “common-law couple” and/or have any dependent child;
- A child allowance for each dependent child;
- Free Nursery Service at INL campus (subject to availability);
- Support for Education fees of dependent children;
- Depending on the place of residence, INL covers 100% of travel expenses for all family members;
- 30 days of annual leave;
- Diplomatic status.
How to Apply
The application is made online through our e-recruiting platform. Please click on the “Apply” button.
For the application to be valid it must be made in English and the candidate must complete all required sections of the online application form, as well as submit all required documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please enclose the following supporting documents in pdf format:
(a) Cover letter in English;
(b) Curriculum Vitae in English;
(c) Academic certificates/diplomas;
(d) Other documents, such as a visual portfolio with examples of work developed.
The documents must be submitted in the “additional files” section using the “add portfolio” icon that appears in the application form.
If your application is successful and you accept our offer of employment, you will receive the employment agreement and all other relevant documents. If you are relocating, you will be given assistance by the HR Office.
If your application is not successful
We highly value your interest in becoming part of the INL experience and it is important for us to maintain good communications with all candidates. No matter the outcome of your application, we will always provide you with feedback.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle
INL promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy, wherefore no candidate can be privileged, benefited, impaired or deprived of any rights whatsoever, or be exempt of and duties based on any possible discriminatory issues.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.