Principal Network Engineer
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions.
With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Network Engineer is responsible for the lifecycle and maintenance of Network devices Globally making sure that all the devices are complying within the supportable Hardware/IOS/Firmware versions (upgrades, patching, decommissioning etc.). The Associate is also going to be responsible in tracking down the maintenance contracts and licenses of the network devices from all sites. This position will also help operate and maintain various tools and application necessary to manage Ingram Micro assets.
What you bring to the role:
- Recognized subject matter expert with specialized knowledge in the function. Manages large projects or processes. Limited oversight from manager.
- Coaches, reviews and delegates work to lower level professionals. Problems faced are difficult and often complex.
- Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Provides solutions to a variety of advanced complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. May be the in-house expert on specific technologies or within the job function area.
- Complete understanding and wide application of advanced technical principles, theories and concepts in a specialized field.
- Possess broad knowledge of professional field and other related functions. Goals are provided to the incumbent in form of desired results.
- Determines and develops approach to solve functional area related issues. Possess the strongest of skills acquired through advanced training, study and experience.
- Four year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field).
- Minimum 10 years functional experience in Network
- Must possess a Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any related course
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism in taking responsibility.
- Able to work independently and self-motivated
- Good documentation skills (network diagrams, process flows, knowledge base, etc.)
- Ability to communicate clearly with a wide range of people such as peers, managers, customers, and vendors via phone or email.
- In-depth experience in wide array of Network and security devices such as (firewalls, routers, switches, wireless controllers, etc.)
- Experienced working with different third-party Vendors and Support
- Been exposed to life-cycle management activity such as network equipment firmware upgrade and hardware replacement.
- Licenses or certifications: CCNA or CCNP (preferred)
- In-depth experience in managing various networking tools such as monitoring, configuration management, Cisco Collector etc.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Can execute highly complex tasks in the design, development, upgrade, integration, administration, and maintenance.
- Excellent personal computer skills including desktop computing systems hardware and software.
- Experienced handling and leading maintenance support and activities
- Advanced technical experience on Network Systems Administering (Cisco routers, switches, wireless, firewalls, load balancer, SDWAN etc.)
- Advanced skills and abilities in using network systems administration tools, commands, and processes.
- Advanced understanding/experience of DNS, DHCP, VLAN, SDWAN, routing, switching and various network security concepts
- Can provide recommendations to complex network hardware, software and/or connectivity problems and can make modifications and fixes to resolve problems.
Preferred but not required:
- Technical writing skills
- Scripting/automation skills (Python, Ansible)
- Understanding of ITIL best practices
- Administrative experience in handling network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, IPAM, etc.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.