Contract Manager - CloudBlue
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.Who we are:
CloudBlue, an Ingram Micro business, is the result of $500 million in investments, including the acquisitions of Odin, Ensim, and other software companies. CloudBlue platform provides companies with Catalog, Partner, and Product Information Management capabilities through direct and indirect channels supporting any type of product distribution. Today CloudBlue powers the world’s largest service provider marketplaces, totaling more than 30 million seats globally.
How do you stand out?
We are hiring a driven, self starter that has her/his mind in the evolution of Digital Services experience in the As-a-Service Economy and has the influence to lead internal and external stakeholders on a journey towards rapid & sustainable growth with our ecosystem of Provider partners, Cloud vendors, and End users. We live our core values: Resilience, Creativity, Customer Focus, Self-Development, Courage and Energy to deal with Ambiguity.
By partnering with a variety of stakeholders such as Sales Representatives / BDMs, Customer Success Team, Service Delivery, Legal, Risk and Finance, the Contract Manager / Commercial Lawyer will:
- Oversee and drive Customer contract negotiations for all types of sales engagements (net new business, renewals, statements of work) and represent CloudBlue business development interests in front of both CB Customers and CB internal support functions (legal, compliance, security) to ensure timely and agile contracting
- Own contract redlining and negotiation process with the Customers: identify and understand the risks at any point in time, assess and quantify their business impact, recommend potential solutions to the decision makers, manage the escalation process to the right levels of management to overcome the legal obstacles and break through legal stalemates
- Be a subject matter expert and go-to person for all contractual matters, acting as a liaison between Sales and Customer Success teams worldwide, the Customer, and CloudBlue support functions (Services, Legal, Compliance, others)
- Design, improve, iterate and be the ultimate responsible for CloudBlue commercial and contractual frameworks, practices, and templates that reflect new business and operating models delivered and enabled by CloudBlue technology platforms, products, and services
- Design and execute the processes for approving commercial proposals, including the management of Deal Desk (while the purely operational work on Deal Desk is done by the team of contract administrators in Business operations)
- Be in charge of continuous improvement and optimization of contracting cycle: proactively identify business and legal risks / obstacles to deals closure we experience in the sales cycle (benchmark with industry best practices, perform ongoing analysis of successful and unsuccessful deals) – propose corrective actions, alternative approaches, and escalations to ensure timely resolutions and process changes if required
- Ensure CloudBlue compliance with the contractual obligations, provide advice on commercial and contractual matters to the sales and delivery teams and apply CloudBlue commercial best practice in the day-to-day management and operation of the account
What you bring to the role:
- Law Degree required
- 5+ years experience in contract management/negotiations in the hi-tech, telecom, engineering or similar industry (Cloud / SaaS related areas are a plus)
- Strong track record in contract negotiation and demonstrated ability to reach consensus and deliver concrete business objectives by providing legal support to the sales and contracting process
- Demonstrable experience working / interacting with senior level management (director/VP and above) in a global organization
- Prior work in a high growth start-up environment is highly valuable
- Team management experience a plus, while ability to seamlessly work in an extended team, jointly delivering results in both formal and informal teams / task forces is a must
- Willingness to travel, as required, while possessing demonstrable ability to achieve result through working remotely in a global business, across all time-zones
- Fluent professional English, additional languages a plus
Please be prepared to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.