About CloudBlue, and Ingram Micro business:
CloudBlue is the only cloud commerce engine with a proven hyper-scale digital platform, and today powers the world’s largest service provider marketplaces, totaling more than 27 million seats globally. CloudBlue, a newly formed Ingram Micro business, is the result of $500 million in investments, including the acquisitions of Odin, Ensim, and four others software companies. Our CloudBlue commerce platform enables companies to rapidly increase their level of success in the cloud market by building, scaling and monetizing services.
CloudBlue is the fabric that transcends every aspect of the new digital economy. We are enabling SaaS transactions, delivering cloud services and offering enterprise- level “Anything-as-a-Service” faster, simpler and more cost-effectively. Our diverse and innovative team enjoys the continually evolving environment we are in, surrounded by the infinite potential of technology and leading the XaaS revolution.
We are part of Ingram Micro, a dynamic company with values of innovation, integrity, respect and social responsibility. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in platform technology, cloud and mobility enable our customers to operate efficiently and successfully in an increasingly digital economy. No other company delivers the full spectrum and scale of global technology to businesses around the world.
As a CloudBlue Sales Engineer, you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading pre-sales technical/functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Act as a technical resource and mentor for sales teams, customer and service provider cloud planning and implementation teams.
- Close new deals and drive results in large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex cloud-based solutions.
- Conduct workshops with customers and their resellers to understand the existing workload and technical environment and design an IaaS and SaaS solution and portfolio to meet their needs.
- Leverage different tools to help resellers discover the existing environment and workload, architect and design a Cloud Platform based on CloudBlue, conduct proof of concept, orchestrate, deploy and migrate CloudBlue digital platform
- Use innovative and creative approach to problem-solving in each sales opportunity with the ability to organize and host training, webinars and present cloud architectures and solutions to senior management teams.
- Translate the strengths of Cloud Platform technology based on CloudBlue technology into creative business solutions and clearly, succinctly communicate it to a broad mix of audiences
- Take a leadership position through the Ingram technical sales process and guides prospect and customer teams to solutions that will scale for their business requirements.
- Take a leadership role in advising internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- 5-8 years of sales engineering building technical solutions for customers preferably with Cloud based platforms technology
- 5+ years of technical expertise with cloud-based platforms, apps, customization, and dev. tools.
- Minimum of 3 years IaaS technical experience in a field engineering role
- Experienced designing and deploying technical environment on Amazon, Microsoft Azure, IBM BlueMix, and vCloud Air.
- Ability to explain, sell and translate Cloud needs into Cloud services, drive digital transformation and cloud platform workshops.
- Thorough knowledge of cloud and IaaS / SaaS system and application design.
- In depth knowledge of the cloud and IaaS / SaaS market including the strengths and weaknesses of competitors globally.
- Demonstrated project management and team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques.
- Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- A BS technical degree or equivalent, advanced technical degree highly desirable.
Join us in our continuous quest to grow a diverse and extraordinarily innovative team!
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.