Director, Corp Dev & Strategy-M&A
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we are the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach through M&A with over 30 acquisitions since 2012.
We are looking for an experienced professional interested in working on a dynamic team responsible for driving mergers & acquisitions (M&A), strategy development and execution at a global level for Ingram Micro. Ingram Micro’s Corporate Development and Strategy team works with various global executives to evaluate and execute mergers and acquisitions and develop corporate and divisional strategy. This is an excellent opportunity to apply and enhance skills in strategy, finance, and mergers and acquisitions while gaining valuable industry and business experience.
Mergers and Acquisitions:
Support the entire M&A process including market research, target origination, negotiation, synergy analysis, valuation, financial analysis, managing due diligence as well as monitoring performance of and assisting in growing newly acquired businesses.
Assist in the conceptualization, proposal, and development of strategic initiatives or special projects, support the company’s strategic planning process, write business plans, support business units with market data and strategic advice, conduct trend analysis and industry and competitor assessment, propose and evaluate growth opportunities.
Ad Hoc Projects:
Assist with special corporate strategic and financial projects as needed, typically prepared for C-level management; assist with preparing presentations for the Board of Directors
Master level university degree. MBA degree from top university (with 5-6 years’ experience out of MBA program) and / or CFA preferred.
- 8-14 years of total experience including experience in strategy, M&A; background from top strategy consulting firm / investment banking / corporate development department of a Fortune 500 company
- Strategic thinker and possess excellent research and analytical skills and be able to develop specific analysis and action plans to execute strategic plans
- Confident team leadership skills to lead various project teams and represent the team to top management
- Excellent financial and quantitative skills, be very comfortable with financial statement analysis
- Superior communication skills to interact in C-level interface without direct supervision by the leader of Corporate Development and Strategy team
- Perform and review complex modeling, valuation experience using discounted cash flows, comparable company analysis, precedent transactions, and sum-of-parts
- Ability to source and review information from disparate sources and to distill the information into key takeaways (must be well versed with online research tools)
- Ability to identify fundamental business drivers and risks to those drivers
- Comfortable with using various data sources including Bloomberg, CapitalIQ and public company filings with regulatory bodies
- Skilled in writing business plans and presentations and in making presentations to senior management; possess solid communication skills
- Preferable Industry experience/interest: Technology, consumer electronics, and distribution. International experience is a plus.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.