Account Manager - Dlink
Ingram Micro is looking for an Account Manager - Dlink, to be driving and improving vendor sales into assigned region whilst meeting the vendor and company objectives and targets. Micro management of all layers of the sales channel and improving product depth and market share for all tiers. Focus to maintain current business relationships, improve inactive accounts and create new business opportunities. To be aware of all project bids in the regions and target Aptec’s involvement in them. Represent the company in a professional and competent manner and develop market loyalty to Aptec and the product
Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
Major Responsibility: Achieve Targeted revenue & GP Margin
- Achieve the targeted Revenue and GP margin by driving customer breadth, product mixing, regional coverage and coverage of all customer segments.
- Keep updated with latest product information and technical requirements to sell the product successfully and give confidence to the reseller channel.
End Results: Need to achieve the target set by the manager.
Develop database or channel partners to find new customers and increase volume of business with existing ones
- Analyze the customer database in assigned region, to identify new opportunities and growth strategies for assigned region.
- Projection of sales and survey of customers buying plans
- Meeting with all top key Accounts in the assigned territory database to discuss areas of improving relations/business.
- Understanding the nature of the customer's business, business cycle and business potential.
- Identifying the factors/ extent of business loss & working out solutions to resolve these issues for future.
- always Maintain a categorized and updated database in iScala /e-Shop
End Results: Bring in business from the existing clients as well as from new customers
Major Responsibility: Report to respective product manager the results and actions - on closed business/ and
Submitting a forecast for forthcoming month and lost business listing out valid reasons …
- Submit to product manager sales plan of pipeline, forecast and business closed on beginning of every week.
- Submit a monthly sales report, forecast for next month and a lost business opportunity report on 1st of every of the month to the product manager for assigned region.
- Monitoring performance customers on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and providing information to the respective product manager regularly as an update on your territory
- Maintain close relations with the PM on pipeline, leads and projects in your region
End Results: Submit the reports on the percentage of target achievement, if not achieved validate the reason
Major Responsibility: Marketing & Sales Planning
- Communicate to the customers regularly any promotions/ special offers in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist Product Manager in creating and updating Customer Loyalty Programs and communicate same to key business partners
- Feedback market information on competitors’ activity, product availability and pricing to the PM
- Prepare sales plan on top 10 - 15 customers (per country) and submit to product manager every qtr.
- Implement and execute the plan for top 10 - 15 (per country) customers
- Be aware of Aptec position in the market and the value-added services we offer and to communicate this to the channel effectively. Providing information to the line manager on the performance of the region regularly.
End Results: Bring awareness in the market regarding the products & increase the sales
Major Responsibility: Vendor & Reseller Relations
- Develop, execute, & maintain good relations with the reseller channel in assigned region.
- Attend vendor training and in-house training as and when required
- Follow up with Channel to ensure their sales team is up to date on products (Sales Certification) – if applicable
End Results: Maintain a good relationship with the customer & improve on self-development
Major Responsibility: Team Work
- Escalate any customer complaints issue the cannot be resolved by self
- Facilitating, solving work problems and participating in the activities of the sales team.
- Assisting the team in developing selling strategies, in order to maximize profitability
- Maintaining cordial relationships between the internal team and the external customers, in order to maximize business.
- Be a team player and share different business aspects and experiences.
End Results: maintain good relationship within the internal team & Customers
Decision-making Authority Level
Decisions free to make:
- Bring in new customer
- Price Negotiation within the set limit
- Strategies to achieve the targets
- Meeting the customer
Decisions Explanation depending on position’s advice:
- Marketing Promotional activity
- Operational Decision
- Aging stock
- New Partner negotiation