*General Labour- Warehouse Associate
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future. Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
We are in HIRING mode and getting ready for our busiest season of the year! Are you ready to join us? We have a number of contract openings available at our Advanced Logistics Centre (Warehouse Facility) in Mississauga.
Check out the link - and see our FUN and Safe Environment!
**Ingram Micro is looking for Warehouse Associates on a contract full time basis
Here are the various shifts available:
Mon- Fri 11AM-7:30PM
Wed-Sat 10pm-8:30am or
Sun-Wed 10pm- 8:30am
- Responsible for the handling, moving, loading and unloading of materials by hand or by using a variety of material handling equipment.
- Opens and seals crates, boxes, cartons, and other containers.
- Collects, sorts, stores and distributes materials.
- Process orders from requisitions and dispense stock items.
- May assist in inventory of stock, including stock rotation.
- Responsible for the shipping, receiving and processing of freight according to company policies and procedures.
- Ensures the orderly stocking and/or timely delivery of merchandise.
- Maintains and updates the purchase order system as shipments are received, cancelled, or back ordered.
- Updates management on all inventory issues on a regular and as-needed basis.
- May participate in activities including kit and bundle breakdown and component sorting.
What you bring to the role:
- Capable to lift up to 35 lbs. consistently and 35-50 lbs. occasionally.
- Established and productive individual contributor.
- Works under moderate supervision.
- Problems faced are typically routine, but may at times require interpretation or deviation from standard procedures.
- Makes minor adjustments to working methods.
- Communicates information that requires explanation or interpretation.
- Provides administrative or technical support at an intermediate level.
- Still gaining or have attained full proficiency in their specific area of discipline.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Works under moderate supervision.
- May seek the advice of senior personnel in the functional area.
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, 2 year degree preferred. 3 years of general experience or 2 years functional experience.
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.