Due to growth within our Managed Services Department we are looking for an additional 3rd Line Support Engineer within our Security team. Our 3rd Line Engineers work within the Managed Services team and are responsible for providing technical skills support within a fast-paced environment.
For you to be successful in this role you should have experience of supporting, deploying and troubleshooting Cisco Security solutions specifically R&S. Knowledge of wireless technology beneficial but not essential. We are ideally looking for you to hold CCNP / CCNP Security or equivalent knowledge and have previous experience in a remote support team or field-based engineering.
In a perfect world you will be based in our HQ, Northwich on a day to day basis however we are open to discussions with North West based candidates.
Salary: Up to £38,000 Basic + Benefits package + Certified Training
- Remote analysis and support of customer faults and changes utilising network management systems and remote access solutions.
- Escalate and liaise with manufacturer and other 3rd party support teams.
- Assist with the identification of hardware and software faults and root cause analysis, including advising on replacement parts for a wide variety of hardware platforms.
- Act as focal point and point of escalation for knowledge sharing between engineers.
- Requirement analysis and solution specification culminating in writing scope and design documents.
Fundamental to this role:
- Extremely well organised with good all-round communication skills and excellent written English.
- Excellent knowledge of a wide range of Security/Networking hardware (e.g Cisco, HP, Dell).
- A flexible approach to work and prepared 'go the extra mile' to exceed customer expectations with an attention to detail.
- Applies knowledge and skills through handling complex problems beyond own area of expertise.
- Agreeable to working shifts if required.
- Full in-house training provided & provision towards vendor qualifications
- Career progression opportunities
- Company Benefits package including: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance and various discounts
- Free Parking or close to public transport