Account Executive - Majors
Section 1: Identifying Information
Positions reporting to this position
Target team size:
Section 2: Position Summary
A critical role working with Ingram Micro’s target customers and industry leading vendors to build strong relationships with existing and new accounts maximising profitability. To focus on selling, primarily by telephone, Ingram Micro products and services to customers, maintaining and improving on revenue and profit, whilst maintain the highest standards of customer service.
Section 3: Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
Major Responsibility: Managing the highest of service levels across all areas of the account base.
Maintain regular contact with key stake holders via the telephone and be able to handle inbound calls for the team for your
customers or others
- Identifying opportunities across all vendors whilst working with the commercial teams to ensure we provide a competitive offering.
- Ensure all quotes and queries are responded to in a timely manner, taking responsibility for other Ingram departments and ensuring communication between Ingram Micro and the customer
- Build strong relationships with all areas of Ingram Micro and understand all the touch points between our business and your customers
- Understands services divisions and can ask customer general questions to uncover leads for the IM services team.
- Understand monthly targets, identify gaps, forecast and own your deal pipeline.
- Build a short, medium and long-term outlook on your customers spend and opportunities
- Manage the correct balance of revenue and margin within your customer base on a month to month basis and be able to adapt this approach to achieve KPI’s.
- Ensure you know who the key decision makers are within your customers and what the drivers are behind their spending strategy
- Understand the technologies your customers are focused on and where Ingram Micro’s portfolio of services overlaps these focuses
- Identify the gaps in your customers portfolio and ensure Ingram are their preferred partner of choice
- Build relationships with our key vendors
- Understand what our competition are selling to our customers and why
- Resolve problems and customer queries using data from Ingram Micros systems and tools
Major Responsibility: Initiate outgoing sales calls to obtain information that will develop and growth your customers.
- Develop a good understanding of your customer base including their Customers’ business model, structure, goals and objectives.
- Develop exceptional business relationships within your customers
- Achieve and exceed specific targets in line with business expectations
- Manage and understand your sales pipeline to enable accurate forecasting
- Use the key benefits of buying from Ingram Micro to grow your customers business.
- Understand Ingram Micro and its Vendors systems, programs and processes
Major Responsibility: Participate in activities which improve service levels.
- Has the drive and motivation to proactively develop their own skills to enable their own development as part of a specific Individual Development Plan
- Assists others in resolving problems and achieving their goals
- Maintain and improve product knowledge and market knowledge
- Competent and effective operation of the computer systems and telephone
- Training initiatives to increase knowledge and skills
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers
Section 4: Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
Knowledge, Skills or Experience Required
- Previous experience in a Sales Call Centre/ Telesales environment at a medium-ranking internal sales level
- A proven track record of success
- Understanding of appropriate products, solutions and markets is an advantage.
- PC Literate - Including Microsoft Office suite, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Understands Margin and can calculate percentages.
- Excellent communicator using both written and verbal format
- Can work as part of a team in a highly pressurised environment.
- Previous Experience of CRM would be useful.
- GCSE/ A’Levels/ relevant NVQ/ or equivalent in Maths and English desirable
Section 5: IM Competencies
To develop our associates and maintain our high standards at Ingram Micro we have a Competency Framework which you will be required to follow. This consists of 12 core competencies:
Drive for Results
Interpersonal / Self Awareness
Self-Management / Development
Ownership and Accountability
Planning and Organisation
Solution Sales / Product Skills
Please see attached matrix for more information.
Who we are
Ingram Micro is the global leader in technology and supply chain services with an extensive array of resources to drive market and customer growth, while bringing unique insights that enable businesses to realise the promise of technology™.
With our vast global infrastructure and focus on cloud, mobility, supply chain and technology solutions, Ingram Micro enables business partners to operate more efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. No other company delivers as broad and deep a spectrum of technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. But none of this is achievable without great people, with a complete customer focus.