Provides direct leadership of all assigned personnel in the various areas of the Warehouse. Responsible for the daily activities in Receiving, Production, Re-Box, Shipping, QC, or OTV and is accountable for the activities of the assigned department on a day to day basis. Must have working knowledge of all areas within the distribution center. Ownership of all labor reporting from the various production areas. Identifies and reports to management any labor issue that impacts our costs.
Major Essential Functions:
- Responsible for assigned production areas to ensure daily goals are achieved at the lowest cost.
- Reports labor needs both for FTE and Temp personal to the Operations Supervisor.
- Responsible for meeting production goals as prescribed by Operations supervisor and Manager.
- May be required to provide daily production reports as required by Operations supervisor.
- Communicates with Operations Supervisor and Manager to define daily work schedules that optimize overtime production and reduce labor costs.
- Ownership of safety and housekeeping in assigned areas and ensures we meet or exceed all OSHA guidelines.
- Provides daily cross-training of new associates (regular and temporary) to establish pool of talent to work in any distribution center area.
- Provides leadership and guidance to all staff for continual improvement of key functions and activities to improve efficiency and meet increasing customer and business demands
- Ensures labor is reallocated from one department to another as required to meet each day’s business needs, minimize overtime and reduce labor costs
- Maintains a professional, helpful attitude in dealings with co-workers, supervisors and their departmental personnel at all times
Minor Essential Function:
- May be required to complete end of day reporting for labor and productivity tracking Ownership of training records for area and recommend changes to business processes to optimize efficiency
- Recommend layout changes to improve production velocity and associate performance
- Responsible for additional tasks as assigned to meet or exceed the expectations of customers and/or management based on our fluid business needs.
- Must have open availability to work overtime as required to include extended hours during the week and Saturdays as necessary
High School or GED or equivalent required.
Minimum 3+ years in a fast paced, high volume distribution center
Must identify and report problems in a timely manner. Avoids conflicts. Welcomes balanced feedback. Contributes to building a positive team and puts success of the team above own interest. Assists in operating the facility in a cost effective manner. Being flexible, a solid, above expectation performer and team member. Excellent written and oral communication skills including proficient use of MS Office Suite. Utilization of interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and basic math skills. Meets or exceeds commitments Ability to establish credibility across the organization and engage others to ensure the most effective supply chain solutions.
Material handling equipment – floor sweeper, stretch wrapper, workstation PC, Printers, RF guns, printers, label printers
RF scanners, WMS. Forklift certification to allow for operation of all material handling equipment in the distribution center preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to be constantly standing, bending, lifting up to 50 pounds, driving equipment in a safe manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment is generally noisy and subject to seasonal temperature extremes.
Ingram Micro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws. If any applicant is unable to fully access Ingram Micro's application system, please contact us and Ingram Micro will provide any possible reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact the Ingram Micro Career Center number at (800) 446-0075 for assistance accessing the application system.
Ingram Micro does not work with unauthorized or unapproved employment agencies. Agencies that submit resumes to Ingram Micro, or any affiliate, do so with the understanding there will be no reimbursement for their efforts.