(Cloud) Systems Technician
Do you crave the creativity and freedom of a startup but the stability of a large, established company? Are you seeking the autonomy to take risks, make decisions and drive business success? Do you want to accelerate your career to the next level?
Ingram Micro Cloud, a business unit of Ingram Micro, powers the world’s largest cloud marketplace, and is committed to helping our partners accelerate their digital business success by leveraging our hyperscale platform technology, infinite ecosystem of cloud solutions from the biggest innovators in the tech industry, and go-to-market support and resources to drive adoption and growth. With proven proficiency in SaaS, IaaS, IoT, security, and XaaS technologies, we invite visionaries to join our team and make an impact on this fast-growing industry.
Ingram Micro Cloud is seeking a talented Systems Technician with a superb technical acumen and can-do attitude focused on supporting the hyper-growth of our infinite ecosystems of SaaS and IaaS solutions.
In this ‘where the rubber hits the road’ role, you will be instrumental in supporting the world’s LARGEST Cloud Marketplace, working alongside a respected, high-performance and highly collaborative team. You will ensure platform availability, reliability and up-time by proactively triaging issues and providing AMAZING 2nd line support. With customer focus on top of mind, you will drive issue resolution to help improve Customer Satisfaction.
As part of the global 24x7x365 Cloud Support Engineering team, you are responsible for ensuring critical platforms remain operational and stable for our business. You will resolve escalated requests from 1st line support by coordinating the proper internal and external resources. You will engage with 3rd party support to build out support related process and standards. You will seek out opportunities to improve and optimize applications and processes used to support, monitor and maintain critical systems in order to minimize downtime. You will proactively work with development teams to continuously improve product stability and performance.
Ingram Micro’s mission is to help businesses to fully realize the promise of technology. Touching 80% of the technology used every day around the world, no other company delivers the full spectrum and scale of global technology to businesses around the world. With almost $50 billion annual revenue in 50+ countries and 32,000+ associates worldwide, Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in platform technology, cloud, and mobility enable our customers to operate efficiently and successfully in the digital economy.
- Providing support in a 24x7x365, KPI-driven Cloud environment
- Handling ticket escalations from 1st Line of Support within OLAs, by staying on top of new features and enhancements and being a subject matter expert, and providing level two diagnoses and issue resolution of Cloud Services and Cloud Platform
- Triaging to internal and external teams, pushing for resolution within OLAs by being the Customer advocate with Engineering, Development and 3rd party Vendor teams
- Monitoring systems and handling events, proactively recognizing and acknowledging alerts, responding to alerts or emergency issues within 5 minutes during working hours (Event Management)
- Act as first responders to service outages and performance degradation by moderating conference calls and engaging Triage teams to restore service in the shortest time possible (Incident Management)
- Document, publish and maintain knowledgebase articles to help optimize the workforce
- Domains and SSL management
- Provide API support to Customers
- Drive operational efficiency and improvements
- Strong understanding of Cloud Computing concepts
- Hands-on experience with Cloud platforms, such as Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Experience working with Webservers and Databases – Apache, IIS, MySQL, MSSQL and PostgreSQL
- Strong understanding of Monitoring tools (Zabbix, Monitis)
- Strong knowledge of Web Protocols – DNS, HTTP, HTTPS (SSL), FTP
- Understanding of network protocols, such as TCP/IP, UDP
- Programming/scripting experience, such as Bash, Python, PowerShell
- Passion for providing exemplary customer service
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated and proactive in performing duties
- Attention to detail
- Team player
Nice to have. Exposure to:
- ITIL certification
- Microsoft Azure certification
- Exposure to virtualization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of CI/CD concepts and experience working with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Terraform & Puppet
- Experience with CloudBlue Commerce platform
- Experience with API (REST, Oauth)
We value creativity, enthusiasm and proactiveness to achieve results.