Data Scientist II / Sr. Professional, Business Intelligence
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With over $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Ingram Micro is in hiring mode and seeking a full time, Data Scientist II/ Sr. Professional, Business Intelligence to join the Toronto BI team!
We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist to develop statistical, machine learning, AI, economic, geographic, and applied mathematical models to address complex business problems in the tech and e-commerce space.
You will be the key data science resource for all projects for Ingram’s Global Cloud Business Unit
You will work with the growing Advanced Science and Innovation Lab, to build causal and predictive models, design and execute field experiments, model demand, perform supply chain optimization, design and conduct surveys, and develop state of the art machine learning and AI models.
The role will collaborate with a diverse team of highly talented Ph.D.s, M.A.s, data engineers, and industry experts to use advanced scientific techniques on a world class data infrastructure to develop large-scale models with immediate and long term relevance. You will focus on building a product portfolio, new product development, and owning sub-streams of projects that requires effective communication with cross-functional teams.
As a Data Scientist you will build productionalized models, work with large granular data sets, communicate analysis to key internal and external stakeholders, and be positioned as a Subject Matter Expert.
Qualifications and Role
- Ph.D. (or technical Masters considered) in Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Economics (applied micro, applied econometrics, empirical IO, labor, finance, behavioral, applied macro/time series), or related technical field
- 5+ years of quantitative experience (industry, consulting, government, academics, or post-doc work)
- Ability to apply insights to high impact questions with immediate and long-term relevance
- Perform econometric and statistical analysis on very large granular transaction level data sets
- Develop causal models to derive insights about market behavior
- Build predictive models to forecast upstream and downstream market activities
- Experience with optimization techniques
- Experience developing and implementing demand models
- Design and execute field experiments to draw insights from market behavior
- Experience with machine learning and AI models
- Be familiar with and use modeling techniques such as
- Time Series Modeling
- Linear and Non-Linear Regression
- Support Vector Machines
- Features extraction, attributes selection
- Clustering, decision and tree-based models
- Numerical optimization (linear and nonlinear) with constraints
- Experimental Design
- Neural Network
- Price optimization, price elasticity/demand modeling
- Text mining on structured and unstructured data, sentiment analysis
- Ability to work independently and in a highly engaged team environment
- Experience cleaning, aggregating, and pre-processing large granular data from varied sources, including complex relational databases
- Experience with tools such as R, Python, SQL, SAS, or STATA
- Experience with docker and RESTful API is a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; the ability to collaborate with internal and external partners
For many transactions IM has end-to-end visibility across the supply chain: from upstream manufacturer, through distribution, to resellers, to final end users. This perspective provides opportunities to tackle the most challenging research and applied science questions with answers that drive strategic, operational, and tactical decisions with immediate and long-term relevance around the world.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where all associates are valued, respected and supported. As such, we will accommodate disabilities during the selection process and will work with you to meet your requirements.