Manager Global Business Intelligence
"The Manager, Global Business Intelligence is a critical team member within our growing Global Business Intelligence organization. Our team is highly specialized in digital marketing, data visualization and data sciences that can yield valuable market insights and craft effective strategies to capitalize on market opportunities at the right time. The right candidate will complement the team by bringing a versatile skill set, using innovative tactics and strategies to increase effectiveness of all digital marketing initiatives."
The Manager, Global Business Intelligence serves as a team lead and local supervisor for our Santander-based Business Intelligence team. The Manager is expected to exemplify the skillset and values that team members need to display to achieve success, and will be responsible for their teams career development and progression. The Manager is responsible for leading and motivating cross-functional global teams in support of our data driven programs and marketing automation projects around the world. It will be the responsibility of the Manager to effectively develop, organize, and motivate a highly skilled cross-functional team, leading and driving programs to ensure successful implementation. S/He will be communicating complex technical and business issues completely, concisely, and effectively to enable high-quality decision making and drive cross-functional alignment.
The Manager may oversee associates in skill-sets that fall outside of their core competency (such as business development, data science, UI/UX, graphic design and HTML/Web Development). By collaborating as a unit, the Santander, Spain based BI team will fully scope requirements, plan projects, develop, execute and report on success of all EMEA based data driven and/or marketing automation projects in support of the European marketplace.
- Responsible for rolling out Business Intelligence and analytics best practices to all regions; examples are pricing and BI programs.
- Must have a broad knowledge of Ingram’s two-tier distribution business model and become educated on particular regions/countries models and objectives.
- Act as a consultant analyzing data by country/region to recommend solutions.
- Also work as a liaison with other country/region implementation teams and executive leadership to leverage their support for large scale implementations such as BI visualization stack (e.g. Microstrategy), marketing automation (e.g. Eloqua), data-driven price optimization and segmentation and enterprise-class price management systems (e.g. Strategic Pricing).
- Designs and develops key performance indicators (KPIs) of implementations, and reports on the KPIs at a regular cadence to the executive leadership.
- This individual is responsible for building a high performance global analytics deployment team with a mix of on-shore and off-shore associates.
- Ability to: Multi-task, respond to rapid change, manage projects, manage detail, coordinate resources, build relationships, set realistic and achievable timelines, understand marketing analytics and data science and be able to translate seamlessly to non-technical audience.
- Travel at least once a month, with a few international travels.
- Analysis and Reporting: Pull data from multiple sources and build/maintain relational database. Understand data objectives and translate business need into the appropriate technical data model. Run data models and review data output to ensure the model is accurate along with translating the trends and output of the data model. % of time doing this: 30%
- Communication: Effectively listen, communicate, recommend, and present data analytic solutions to country/region teams. This includes over the phone and in person presentations with PowerPoint and other media sources. % of time doing this: 20%
- Program Organization and Execution: Work closely with the country/region point of contact to recommend set of programs and activities to address specific business problems, communicate project deliverables and timelines, status, modeling outputs/inputs, and program communications. Long term strategic vision communicated to country/region teams. Process data and business objectives in the formation of new program initiatives.% of time doing this: 30%
- Leadership, team management and development: Provide thought leadership to the pricing analysts and consultants. Hire new analysts and develop existing associates. Assist and educate Analysts in team best practices. Establish Standard Operating Processes for team tasks. Create transparent objectives for the Analysts, including challenging them in areas of weakness.% of time doing this: 20%.