*Microsoft Sales Specialist
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology. No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
Do you want to be part of one of the most dynamic companies in Buffalo? In April 2017, Buffalo Business First, a leading business newspaper serving the region, announced that Ingram Micro Inc.’s Buffalo, NY campus was recognized as one of the "Best Places to Work" in Buffalo!
We are currently hiring a Microsoft Practice Development Advisor, a Cloud Channel Account Specialist II, Microsoft
- Build and maintain relationships within an assigned account base of existing customers
- Responsible for facilitating the introduction of Microsoft and Ingram products, programs and services technology capabilities, providing educational resources, and driving the sale of technical products, programs and/or services.
- Responsible for growing profitable sales, activations, and market share across the distribution channel by helping your assigned account base from a traditional computer reseller to a profitable Managed Service Provider (MSP) with steady annuity stream
- Deeply research into partner’s SaaS business to ascertain their level of expertise and then help them transform using a specific approach that emphasizes cross-selling, marketing programs, training and promotions that reward the partner for growth.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of Microsoft Office 365 product line and its associated key competitive products including life cycles, pricing programs, and technology advantages
- Proactively identify sales opportunities and close sales within their assigned base of Microsoft partners.
May travel up to 10% (which may include international travel)
- Minimum of five years previous account management experience or four years’ experience with Ingram Micro in a sales/customer service capacity equivalent to a Channel Account Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years previous sales/account management experience (preferably in a related industry) or one year experience with Ingram Micro in a sales/account management capacity equivalent to a Channel Account Specialist.
- Knowledge of professional, effective telephone techniques, sales and account management skills.
- Ability to dig deeper into an organization and take advantage of cross and upsell opportunities.
- Ability to develop deep technical and product knowledge.
- Ability to expand that technical knowledge to become a Microsoft subject matter expert.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must respond to rapid change, perform duties with accuracy and with a strong degree of urgency
- Prioritize and perform work with minimal supervision
- Able to handle large quantities of information while maintaining a high level of accuracy
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.