Technical Account Manager II-USA
Liaison/Technical Account Manager
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Ingram Micro Cloud is the world’s largest cloud platform provider, enabling any business to provide cloud solutions to anyone. We are committed to helping our partners drive new ways of doing business with an infinite ecosystem of cloud solutions, platform technology, enablement programs and relationships with the biggest players in the cloud industry. With a pulse on IoT, security, XaaS, IaaS technologies, and more, we invite visionaries to make an impact on this fast-growing industry.
We are hiring a Technical Account Manager (TAM) to provide a technical point-of-contact for IM-business units/sales branches/reseller clients to win incremental business, earn client loyalty and retain/ grow share through Ingram Micro.
The Technical Account Manager may work with the account to create technical competency roadmaps –and may identify marketplace opportunities for the partner.
- Function as a conduit between Technical Support and the Sales, Vendor, and/or Reseller client they support.
- Demonstrate the ways in which Ingram Micro can add technical value in the sales enablement process
- Function as a point-of-contact into the Technical Support organization, will include receiving and managing/delegating solutions, and will include quoting opportunities on the reseller partner’s behalf
- Exhibit strong ownership and accountability, to ensure best-in-class service levels to enhance the ease of doing business with Ingram Micro
- Identify the characteristics of the opportunity to ensure the best solution for the business need was recommended
- Ensure quote accuracy at the account level, and if errors are found, will follow up with the team member involved and management to coach appropriately
- Identify areas where technical resources should be leveraged into any strategy where applicable
- Work with sales ownership – and the account directly – to increase visibility and ensure proper follow up to influence closure rate
- Focus on growing IM market share, by working with leadership to identify target accounts using advancer/decliner lists and other business intelligence data, and by making jointly conducted outcalls with BU/MD/Sales reps, to assist in progressing the pipeline of sales leads to closure and assist in growing share or creating share shift to Ingram Micro
- Grow engagement within the team they support to grow incremental synergies that result in more business for Ingram Micro
- Work toward the development of an expert understanding of the technical support organization and the resources available to help achieve desired business results based on the needs of each unique situation
- Articulate and demonstrate the technical competencies Ingram Micro Cloud
- Initiate technical, resource or process-related training and development activities, to enable these reps or clients to gain additional competencies that will allow for better job performance and technology/solutions understanding
- Function as the support component to the customer engagement or workflow process
- Bachelor’s Degree or industry leading technology certifications required
- 3+ experience/knowledge on our top vendors (including Cisco, HP, IBM, Juniper, EMC, Citrix, VMware, etc.)
- Understanding of the complexities associated with sales’, the reseller’s or the vendor’s job responsibilities
- Prior training experience and/or sales and sales enablement experience
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations
- Strong background in building business relationships and delivering high level of customer service.
- Previous experience with process improvement
- Have an active knowledge of the Technical Support pipeline to identify opportunities based on dollar value, the value of the support provided, and business intelligence collected, that collectively contribute to a higher probability for sales closure.
- Work cross-functionally, manage time, work toward common goals, and work independently as well as in group/team settings.
Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.