Account Executive, Mobility
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Location: This role is office based at our logistics facility in Fort Worth, TX. Located 5 minutes from DFW airport.
Mobility or industry experience required
- The Account Executive is primarily a field sales position that is responsible for driving profitable revenue growth and market share gains within their assigned customer base and/or sales geography.
- As a sales leader, the Account Executive is accountable for building sound business relationships with all levels of contacts within their assigned customer base and securing current and long-term sales and business opportunities for Ingram Micro.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for collaborating with Ingram Micro peers, building a sound internal network while leveraging internal resources to increase sales, solving issues, and providing top value to the customer and vendor partners.
- High school degree or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Three to six years previous account management experience in a related industry or a minimum of four years Ingram Micro experience in a sales related capacity.
- Proven Knowledge of: The Mobility industries, the competitive climate, how the distribution channel works and current/future trends (including economic impact on business). Knowledge & experience in Reverse Logistics preferred
- Technology -how systems, tools, components and services work together, what solutions exist as well as knowledge of up-and-coming products and services.
- Vertical Markets-how they intersect with one another and what solutions exist within those markets.
- Solid understanding of Ingram Micro programs, offerings, services and resources.
- Demonstrated experience in selling, negotiating and closing assigned accounts/markets/geographies, preferably in an enterprise level organization.
- Overall business knowledge: must understand how a business operates and what functions/departments need to be leveraged most when working through opportunities (i.e. Marketing, finance, purchasing, sales, credit, etc.)
- Skilled in: Giving Presentations to small and large audiences- face to face, WebEx, phone (and other formats) in large and small settings and to various levels (i.e. buyer, C-level executive). Excel expertise required as well as knowledge of all MS Office programs, operational reporting required
- Planning/prioritization and organization - highly skilled in prioritizing multiple projects/tasks, tracking and following through on activities within a customer account base r
- Actively profiling and identifying additional opportunities and acting upon those opportunities.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral: always conveying messaging in a professional, detailed manner.
- Produce documented proposals to customers that are professional, accurate and appropriately detailed.
- An active listener, the Account Executive will need to listen intently to the wants, needs and desires of their customers and be able to translate what they are requesting into solutions that Ingram Micro can offer.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to provide guidance, direction, support and coaching to the inside sales team members, customers and peers.
- Strong computing skills and moderate knowledge of excel required.
- Strong negotiation skills (including negotiating price, terms, conditions and profitability of a deal).
- Ability to: Multi-task, respond to rapid change, quickly grasp new concepts and programs within IM and the industry and perform duties with accuracy and strong degree of urgency.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.