Supervisor, Data Management (Data Warehousing) - ETL, SQL [Ref. to 33271]
Job Description Template
Section 1: Identifying Information
Supervisor, Software Development
M1 - Supervisor
Positions reporting to this position
Target team size:
Provides technical application strategy and leadership in one or more areas. Responsible for designing and solving complex technical issues related to the resolution of business problems and opportunities. Responsible for supervising a small team of application developers to deliver systems of a complex technical nature to resolve business problems and opportunities.
Designs, develops, implements, and maintains major and/or mission critical applications. Evaluates, recommends, and implements new technology. Provides technical expertise and acts as a technical resource and mentor for the application development team. Accepts individual/ team responsibilities and meets commitments. Creative in delivering value to application solutions and customer/user requests.
Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
Major Responsibility: Team Leadership
- Provides leadership for design and development considerations, guidance, and knowledge.
- Provides technical leadership to a virtual team, comprised of members from all over the world
- Successfully works independently from manager and manages day to day activities of a small team.
- Works directly with end users on activities requiring their participation such as planning, requirements definition, and testing.
- Drive the teams’ compliance in SLA targets, Metrics, Trainings etc.
- Organized team and meet deliverables on time
Major Responsibility: Mentoring
- Should be able to guide lower level associates on technical and business questions/clarifications.
- Should be able to handle performance by understanding the needs of associates to meet their goals.
- Provide and manage performance feedback.
- Empowered and consistently-performing Junior associate.
Major Responsibility: Requirements Analysis/Effort Estimation
- Can ask the right questions to obtain desired information.
- Can identify complexity of the requirement.
- Can piece together details obtained during requirements gathering to see the big picture.
- Understanding of business requirement process.
- Can come up with effort estimation on own task.
- Can come up with high level effort of entire requirement.
- Adherence to project timelines.
- Documentation of gathered information.
- Accurate project completion date.
- Clear understanding of the requirement in terms of scope and specifications.
Major Responsibility: Code Review
- Able to conduct code review based on the internal code checklist.
- Able to identify if test cases/scenarios provided are accurate and align with the requirement.
- Fully-working module with minimal defects.
Major Responsibility: Specialization - Deployment/Implementation
- Able to independently do all deployments (minor and major releases).
- Successful country deployment.
Major Responsibility: Admin Tasks
- Accurate clocking of worked hours in Kronos, SAP CATS, Plan Port.
- Ensure the accurate clocking of worked hours in Kronos, SAP CATS, Plan Port for the Team.
- Compliance to company policies and mandatory training.
- Responds to communications in a timely manner.
- Adherence to all company policies
- Simple decision-making regarding other team members’ schedules and tasks.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, Science and Math or related discipline with an IT emphasis is required
Minimum 12 years’ experience in Data Management and Data Warehousing
Proficient in the following technology
o Background in RDBMS such as MSSQL or Oracle or Sybase
o Microsoft technology such as MS SQL
o DB2 / IMS / Oracle PL/SQL / Oracle DDL
Experience in Inforrmatica, Unix, Python and AWS is a plus
Knowledge of State-of-the-art computer hardware and software. Technology concepts of on-line interactive systems, database designs, and/or client/server environments.
Skill in Systems developments, implementation in on-line interactive systems. Understanding new technology and applications of same.
Communicates effectively by expressing technical concepts and information well both orally and in writing. Prepares formal technology evaluations and proposals.
Possesses the verbal and written communication skills to successfully supervise a team of application developers.
Accepts individual/team responsibilities and meets commitments. Takes responsibility for own performance and actions.
Creative in delivering values to systems solutions and customer/user requests. Anticipates and accepts change by capitalizing on opportunities that arise.