Professional, Pre-Sales-MEX - Cisco
Answer customer calls and/or emails on assigned product categories or lines within defined service levels. Provide excellent customer service while developing full solutions for customers. Demonstrate time management skills in order to effectively accomplish assigned tasks. Demonstrate moderate to advanced product knowledge and skills for creating appropriate technical solutions. Actively demonstrates the need to drive value into each call serviced. Actively demonstrates the importance of getting the sale related to the value created. May act as segment leader, vendor Advocate or Champion.
Presales Engineer role may include but not limited to:
- Answer incoming customer calls on assigned product categories or lines within defined service levels
- Present and demonstrate specific solutions for customers
- Prepare and elaborate PoC’s for end users
- Support COE Goals and Initiatives
- Attend vendor trainings
- Train department resources
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of specific hardware and software solutions.
- Personal computing. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and problem solving aptitude.
- Demonstration of critical thinking capabilities a must.
- Ability to create and deliver training presentations.
- Ability to work in a team environment, maintain a high level of accuracy while handling large quantities of information, multi-task, respond positively to rapid change, perform with a strong sense of urgency, build strong business relationships, deliver a high level of customer service, and prioritize work under detailed supervision.
- Skill using complex proprietary systems; working as team member or independently, presenting information accurately to various audiences. Ability to maintain systematic knowledge in order to complete vendor and departmental requests.
- Up to 20% travel requirement
- Must be able to work flexible schedule as needed
- In-depth understanding of Networking concepts and experience with multi-vendor networking devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, traffic generators etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress.
- Proven experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable), RADIUS.
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including VLAN, OSPF and BGP, L4 Load-balancing).
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends.
- Able to independently debug broad, complex and unique networks with mixed media and protocols
- Network management based on OSI model.
Shows leadership and advocates Ingram Micro core competencies including:
- Collaboration and Influence
- Work effectively with all parties to positively impact business performance
- Results Oriented
- Meet goals and work to improve the business
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Read/Assess situations and respond appropriately
- Customer Mindset top of mind
- Deliver consistently strong customer service to external and internal customers
- Team Leadership
- Focus, align, and build high performing teams
- Cisco CCNA R&S
- Cisco CCDA R&S
- Cisco CCNP R&S