WHO IS INGRAM MICRO?
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become one of the world’s largest technology distributors with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Come join an industry leader in technology distribution and an awesome team!
The primary responsibility of a Repair technician is to diagnose and repair electronics. Must have component level audio experience.
- Computer networking, including switches, SMB routers and wireless access points.
- Perform tasks such as installation, diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of electronics
- Manually examine and repair computer hardware components
- Troubleshoot computer systems both hardware and software
- Take apart and re-assemble computer components and parts
- Analyze failed equipment according to procedures and determine whether equipment is repairable
- Resolve hardware technical issues with proper solutions
- Manually set up computer systems and hardware, and install or re-install software programs for computer users
- Will spend 100% of time in repair station diagnosing and repairing
What you bring to the role:
- A + Certification
- AS Degree or some college with equivalent work experience
- DCT experience with server configuration and able to wipe hard drives
- Imaging experience if applicable
- Three to five years related experience and/or training
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- The employee should have working knowledge of different models such as laptops, PC’s, servers, etc.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Occasional sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer several times a day
- Daily sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data for over 60 minutes at a time
- Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor
- Daily lifting up to 25 lbs. up to 5 minutes at a time
- Daily carrying up to 25 lbs. up to 5 minutes at a time
- Constant standing, walking, stooping.
Warehouse environment; exposure to heat and cold (equivalent to outside temperatures); dust, pollen, fumes (as in normal outside environment); noise.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.