Responsible for providing logistics support for pricing, international operations, carrier negotiations and management, to drive a superior customer experience.
- Integrates relationships with suppliers and customers by determining and defining logistics support for parcel shipping and final mile/white glove delivery.
- Defines user requirements for development of information systems to support physical distribution needs, shipment visibility requirements, reporting requirements, exception management, and carrier performance and strategy as well as pricing requirements.
- Ensures product moves efficiently at lowest cost, lead and transit times are met, and information systems are integrated by coordinating and implementing programs to improve material movement, material handling, and information systems. Defines procedures, trains personnel on new programs and systems, tests new systems
- Prepares operational analysis of services, projects, or general business pertaining to both parcel shipping and final mile/white glove delivery.
- Maintains databases, extracts information, and develops metrics and scorecards to measure and improve overall performance
- Analyze operations, including performance and productivity data, error rates and root causes, capacity
- Prepares related reports, graphs, charts, presentations and other documents to support analysis Review, audit and summarize transportation data and provide executive summaries.
- Investigates root causes and work with cross-functional areas to provide analyses and recommendations for improvements in logistics operations.
- Act as liaison between customers and logistics providers.
- Manage vendor relationships and leverage strategic opportunities with these vendors
- Guide freight audit system analysis, freight audit implementation processes, and management of freight audit solutions.
- Assist in managing and coordinating critical projects across functions.
- Recommend cost-savings initiatives and assist leaders with implementation. Acquires broad knowledge of Ingram Micro activities by learning the functions of other departments, their schedules and priorities, and from firsthand experience within the departments. Learns to integrate the departments' various functions into Strategy and Operations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. 3+ years' full time experience in comprehensive supply chain or logistics, specific to parcel analysis and network management for final mile delivery services.
- Expertise in preparing, importing, and manipulating information in spreadsheets, databases, and presentations.
- Extensive capability in Microsoft Suite including expert level Excel skills including macros.
- Strong problem solving techniques, statistical analytics, and the ability to create queries Data mining & development skills required Ability to extract system data & utilize Excel/Access to develop information reports.
- Ability to create solution based reports to improve operational efficiency/customer satisfaction
- Fundamental comprehension of warehouse operations & supply chain structure
- Support experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), order management applications, and database systems; experience with SAP strongly preferred
- Problem solving where development of new solutions, methods and systems will result in a major impact on department's overall success. Solves complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Conduct meetings or presentations to explain, negotiate or persuade.
- Knowledgeable in customs documentation, warehouse control systems, consolidation programs, JIT, Project management, Import/Export, systems analysis.
- Knowledge of supply chain, transportation, warehousing, fulfillment processes, on-line real time information systems; personal computers hardware and software.
- Manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Interface effectively and professionally with all levels from associates on the warehouse floor to the executive level.
- Experience in negotiations with logistics service providers, managing of logistics service providers with including request for proposals, quarterly business reviews, operational management, etc.
- Strong communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Experience in logistics in the following modes: Global Air, Air and Ocean consolidations at origins such as China, Global Ocean, Customs clearance, Truckload, Less Than Truckload, Parcel, Same Day delivery, white glove delivery, etc.
- Project Management experience
- Experience with Logistics visibility software