Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market
- Performs random sampling inspections in Receiving, Production, Programming, Picking, Shipping, and Reverse Logistics.
- Accurately documents all inspection results, non-conformities and re-work.
- This position is located at our 501 Airtech Parkway, Plainfield, IN 46168 facility.
Major Essential Functions:
- Accountable for daily random inspections in all areas of the distribution center to ensure compliance to customer requirements and specifications. Inspection samples are determined based on the ANSI/ ASQC Z1.4 – 1993 standard.
- Identify and accurately document all inspection, non-conformance and re-work results. Provide accurate, legible and complete documentation.
- Immediately communicate all inspection sample non-conformities to department management for prompt corrective action and re-work.
- Perform ad hoc customer inspections as directed by Quality Control management.
- Ensure compliance with all Inspection procedures.
- Maintain a professional, helpful attitude in dealings with co-workers, supervisors and their departmental personnel at all times.
- Maintain a strong commitment to quality at all times.
- Maintain respect for all equipment used in the performance of your job.
- Must identify and report problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates Brightpoint’s values: Accomplishment, Integrity, Quality, Learning, Respect, and Community involvement.
- Comply with all safety regulations and requirements, as set forth within the established procedures and standards.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times.
- Remain flexible with regard to job assignments at all times.
- Provide equal contribution to the team.
- Responsible for additional tasks as assigned to meet or exceed the expectations of customers and/ or business management based on our fluid business needs.
- Assists in operating the facility in a cost effective manner.
- High school diploma and/or G.E.D preferred
- 1-2 years experience in high volume, fast paced distribution or manufacturing environment preferred
- Knowledge of QC functions, basic math preferred
- Pre-employment drug screen
- Workstation PC, printers, RF Scanner, preferred
- MS Office Suite and WMS experience preferred
- Avoids conflicts. Meets or exceeds commitments.
- Welcomes balanced feedback. Contributes to building a positive team and puts success of the team above own interest. Be a flexible, solid, above expectation performer and team member.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The associate is primarily required to stand, walk, bend/stoop, or kneel, and hear and visually inspect product while monitoring a PC. The associate must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and work for short periods with product at shoulder height.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a noisy environment with seasonal extremes of temperatures. May work near moving mechanical parts/ equipment.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.