*Pre-Sale Technical Support Specialist
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40 acquisitions since 2012.
About this team:
Ingram Micro SD&S has been a trusted leader in the channel for decades, serving tens of thousands of partners—and that number keeps growing. Our four-phase model helps you take on your customers’ toughest IT challenges, starting with discovery and culminating in a final report that summarizes our design recommendations and pricing.
The SD&S team builds end to end IT solutions to help our resellers (customers) win the sales deal.
About this role:
You must be technically savvy and have customer support experience to be considered for this role.
Typically, the agent will be taking inbound phone calls, communicating with our reseller partners, answering questions, understanding business needs, and quoting products based on the aforementioned information gathered.
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical aptitude
- Hands-on customer support experience within a field of technology is preferred
This role will focus on knowledge of hardware/ pc's, server, storage components
- Answering customer calls and/or emails on assigned product categories or lines within defined service levels
- Providing excellent customer service while developing full solutions for customer
- Developing product knowledge and skills for creating appropriate solutions and customer service/selling skills
- Demonstrating the importance of getting the sale related to the value created
- Acting as a vendor Advocate or Champion
- Demonstrating time management skills
What you bring to the role:
- High school education required
- Technical certifications and /or AAS degree in computer-related studies
- One year (minimum) related experience in the following:
- Network technician
- Technical Sales
- Customer service
- Basic knowledge of hardware and/or software
- Skills in: keyboarding, MS Office Suite (Word & Excel), basic sales skills, time management; good communication skills (written & verbal) excellent listening skills
- Ability to: learn complex proprietary systems; to work as a team member or independently, to relay/share information accurately
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed.
What this position offers you:
- A starting annual compensation of $18 per hour which can increase with relevant experience – Let’s talk
- Comprehensive training
- Opportunity to begin a long-term career with unlimited growth and advancement with a stable and growing organization!!!
- In-Office hybrid option
- Medical, vision, dental insurance – we even have options for your pets!
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation and sick day
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.