IoT eCommerce Product Manager
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Global IoT team enables innovation within Ingram Micro by challenging the status quo, sourcing ideas from across its entire ecosystem of vendors and customers, and leveraging its massive assets and capabilities to design and build new business offerings from scratch.
We are looking for an experienced E-commerce Product Manager for Ingram Micro’s Internet of Things practice, playing a key role in the management and growth of the IoT Marketplace. In this role you will partner closely with design, engineering and analytics teams to craft the next generation of experience for Ingram Micro customers. You will evaluate new product opportunities, build new experiences and break new ground in customer interaction. As a product owner, you will influence the behavior of thousands of businesses that interact with Ingram Micro. You will collaborate with Engineering, Design, Analytics, Marketing, Operations, Sales and others to define and execute your roadmap, while maintaining speed of delivery. This role is based in Irvine, CA.
The ideal candidate is as comfortable white boarding complex software architectures with a roomful of engineers, debating UX with designers and briefing an executive audience. You will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of Ingram Micro partners, from well-established tech giants to innovative startups.
E-commerce Product Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Full ownership and accountability for the vision, design, functionality and user experience of the Ingram Micro IoT Marketplace
- Understand how customers interact with the IoT Marketplace and incorporate feedback into development and improvement
- Be able to identify and create a feature roadmap for the IoT Marketplace; prioritizing and implementing features and functionality
- Collaborate with the design, engineering and business teams to deliver a superior user experience
- Ensure analytical methods, tools and resources are in place to identify areas of opportunity for IoT Marketplace customer care, including cost savings, contact reduction and customer satisfaction
- Drive the product discovery process for large, complex and/or ambiguous projects
We are looking for:
- Customer-centric and passionate about ecommerce and emerging technologies
- Crazy about data and use it to drive your decision making
- A leader who can champion a product vision, strategy, and roadmap, but can also roll up your sleeves to help the team get the job done
- A strong team player supportive in all regards and embraces ownership, accountability and responsibility for the team’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in Product Management; SaaS/Digital application experience preferred
- Attitude to try new things and ability to communicate new concepts
- Self-driven with strong initiative to seek answers, develop relationships and drive for desired outcomes
- Knowledge of the IoT/M2M market a plus but not required
- Start-up company environment experience a plus but not required
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.