Associate Professional, Information Security-PHL
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The IS Security Operations Analyst is accountable for executing global and regional day to day security operations tasks which include but not limited to incident response, security breach, DNS request management, review of firewall change request, administration of network and/or endpoint security technologies, SIEM tools administration and change management.
The Security Operations Analyst will ensure operating environments are maintained to optimal performance and meet defined SLAs. Key success criteria in this position are: in-depth understanding of global security best practices, good understanding of technologies such as host base AV, next generation firewalls, advance threat protection, intrusion detection/prevention systems, security tools architecture, Windows and Linux administration. This role will implement best practices, operational discipline and integrate appropriate changes as business needs require.
- The security operation analyst will be responsible in managing and administering our endpoint and network security tools. Ensure that the tools are in best working condition as well up-to-date for lifecycle management.
- Periodic firewall rules review and assess risk on new firewall change request submitted by the business.
- Processing DNS change requests to our registrar.
- Assist the IR team to execute incident response process and procedures to remediate threats.
- Review and remediate escalated incidents from our SOC team in a timely manner.
- Work closely with internal teams (Network, Windows, Linux, Regional IT) to continuously improve our security posture in the environment.
- Tune and implement configuration changes to security controls as necessary
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Assist and work with the Engineering team in executing global security projects/initiatives.
- Provide 24/7 security operations support to the business.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in I.T, Engineering, or related Science and Math discipline with an Information system emphasis or equivalent experience.
- Ability to adapt in a complex environment, loves challenges, has the will and drive to learn new things on his own.
- 2 years minimum experience working within an enterprise security program
- Good understanding of cloud security (Azure, 0365, AWS, GCP etc.) is desirable.
- Endpoint Security Management (Administration, Deployment, Operations) for security tools.
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) management experience is a plus
- Hands on experience of NextGen Firewalls administration and best practice.
- Deep technical knowledge in IS technologies, operating systems, networking, database and International Business environment
- Deep understanding of security risks and threats as they relate to the company’s operating environments
- Has exposure in creating technical documentation for security tools and procedures.
- Monitors the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate access levels are maintained
- Demonstrate high competency working under pressure and executing multiple global projects at the same time.
- Strong enterprise security understanding
- Understanding of ITIL and its practical application is nice to have.
- Demonstrated competency in managing third party providers in IS operations
Disclaimer *The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time or as necessitated by business demands.