Manager, Supply Chain Operations (Mid Day shift or variable hrs M-F)
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates.
We are looking for a Operations Manager for our Louisville KY Distribution Center! Come be part of a company that is a global 3PL leader in electronic distribution. This position comes with excellent growth opportunity!
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
- Manages a very high volume outbound department with 150 associates.
- Ensures stated Service Level Agreements are clearly defined, understood and managed.
- Interfaces with Ingram Micro logistics contacts to represent the center on all conference calls, site meetings, etc.
- Provides information for Quarterly Business Reviews and attends scheduled meetings.
- Responsible for achieving agreed upon performance goals (KPI).
- Provides training for employees so that all work is performed in a safe and environmentally acceptable manner within all government regulation.
- Other duties include mentoring, coaching, planning and providing growth and development opportunities for direct reports.
- Challenging aspects of this position are anticipating work inflows and planning appropriate staffing levels.
- Conducts weekly production reviews addressing current projects or issues, creating action plans and communicating progress.
- Monitors the safe and efficient processing of materials and optimizing work force as needed to achieve performance goals.
- Manages and where ever possible try to reduce the costs of production by creating consistency of purpose and clearly outlining department goals.
- Reviews monthly cost information with staff and assist in the annual budget.
- Fosters a respectful and positive work environment.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or at least 3 years of Manager experience in a high volume warehouse or distribution center.
- Minimum 3 years of managerial experience in a high volume distribution or warehouse setting managing people and systems
- Proficient computer skills required, including software knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) is preferred.
- Problem-solving skills
- Continuous Improvement experience a MUST
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate with associates
- Drives results and engagement
- Optimizes work processes
- Honesty, integrity, team player, responsible, accountable
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, and crouch.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 (fifty) pounds
- Ability to adapt, alter focus and adjust to the ever-changing warehouse climate environment.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.