Associate Developer - .NET (Assoc Professional)
Section 1: Identifying Information
Associate Professional, Web Development
L1- Associate Professional
Ross Marlowe Magtibay
Positions reporting to this position
Target team size:
Section 2: Position Summary
The Associate Professional writes Low to Medium complexity programs or tickets, as well as maintains and modifies existing applications programs based on development project or ticket solution. He/she must also document and execute test plans according to the requirement and may be assigned to lights on support.
The Associate Professional is also responsible for creating solutions for issues identified in the course of testing or issues raise through tickets and following the Ingram Micro chosen applications development standards and methodologies.
The Associate Professional works primarily on an independent basis within the guidelines given for delivery of technical work assignments. He/she must have great communication and collaboration skills and must be team oriented. He/she must be able to clearly provide detail on their progress on tasks and must be able to raise issues that would impact the delivery in a timely manner.
Shifts are shifting between Morning (6am to 3pm), Mid (2pm to 11pm) and Night (10pm to 7am) with weekends and holidays as off-days although members may be asked to report to work during weekends and/or holidays should business deliverables require such.
Section 3: Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
Guidelines: List the essential responsibilities, functions and/or activities, provide the supporting actions to describe how the work will be accomplished and provide the desired end results. List the responsibilities in order of importance and the estimated percentage of time for the responsibility (no one responsibility should be greater than 60% of time or less than 10%). The most important responsibility is not necessarily the one where the most amount of time is spent.
- Can analyze the design and translate the design into code
- Can create detailed test plans that cover the critical scenarios that must be unit tested for the requirement
- Escalates issues or gaps in the design
- Able to set expectations with Users and secure UAT approval.
- Communicates with on-shore for approvals
- Fully working modules with minimal defects and in accordance to design specifications and functionality
Major Responsibility:Unit Testing/IST/UAT
- Can execute detailed test plans for unit testing
- Can do bug fixing on builds he/she performed.
- Fully working modules with minimal defects
Major Responsibility:Production Support
- Can investigate and determine the root cause of the issue.
- Can provide a short term and long-term fix to the issues encountered by customer/partners.
- Can do bug fixing on recently deployed programs.
- Can establish communication with users to understand the issue.
- Can communicate to customer/partner the cause of issue and propose solution.
- Fully working modules with minimal defects
Major Responsibility:Admin Tasks
- Accurate clocking of worked hours in Kronos, SAP CATS and Plan Port
- Compliance with company policies and mandatory training.
- Responds to communications in a timely manner.
- Adherence to all company policies
- Simple decision-making regarding other team members’ schedules and tasks.
Section 4: Decision Making Authority Level
Guidelines: Describe the authority held by the position by listing the main decisions that the position is free to make and explain the decisions that depend on the position’s advice.
Decisions free to make:
Evaluate complexity or severity of a ticket if a more senior resource is needed.
Close a ticket after confirming with the user
Determining resolution to requests and incident tickets
Explain the decisions that depend on position’s advice:
Example decisions that depend on position’s advice:
Section 5: Scope/Dimensions
Guidelines: List the main quantitative measures that define the size and scope of the position (headcount, budget, profit dollar target).
Section 6: Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
Guidelines: Provide the education, experience, skills and competencies necessary to perform the position.
Graduate of any IT Related 4- or 5-year course.
1 to 2 years’ experience in related programming language
Basic to Intermediate knowledge of any of the following technology
- Microsoft technology such as MS Visual Studio, .NET, MVC, MS SQL and Angular JS.
- Cobol, Cobol (Microfocus), JCL, IMS, DB2 is an advantage
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Oracle DDL
Experience in Bootstrap and Angular JS is a plus.
Experience in Oracle is a plus.
Experience in Linux/Unix Operating systems is a plus.
Section 7: IM Competencies
Guidelines: Provide the IM Competencies necessary to perform the position.
COLLABORATION AND INFLUENCE: Interpersonal Savvy
- Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings
- Build and maintain long-term associations based on trust
COLLABORATION AND INFLUENCE: Communicates Effectively
- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word
- Listen well.
COLLABORATION AND INFLUENCE: Collaborates
- Possesses business knowledge or experience that can facilitate understanding of cross-functional requirements to achieve the organization’s objectives
- Able to utilize such knowledge to connect the right dots and helps each business unit assume responsibility on a collaborative undertaking.
- Performs consistently regardless of environment complexity
COLLABORATION AND INFLUENCE: Builds Networks
- Develop a network of contacts and target specific influential people to reach goals
RESULTS ORIENTED: Drives Results
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Has an overall achievement mindset, a bias for action, an eagerness to take initiative.
RESULTS ORIENTED: Ensures Accountability
- Taking responsibility, and owning up to commitment
- Being answerable for your actions.
- Able to take responsibility for actions and outcomes and persist despite obstacles
- Be available around the clock in case of emergency
- Give long hours to the job if need arise on assigned tasks/projects
- Demonstrates dependability in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about getting results.
RESULTS ORIENTED: Action Oriented
- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
CHANGE AGENT: Being Resilient
- Able to maintain a solution-oriented approach while dealing with interpersonal conflict, hazardous conditions, personal rejection, or time demands
CHANGE AGENT: Manages Ambiguity
- Able to withhold actions or speech in the absence of important information
- Deal with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
CHANGE AGENT: Self Development and Nimble Learning
- Able to stay informed of current industry trends
- Learn and apply new concepts and demonstrate career self-reliance
- Identify own areas of opportunity and set and monitor self-development goals.
CHANGE AGENT: Situational Adaptability
- Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Able to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of new information
- Perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change
- Manage transitions effectively from task to task
- Adapt to varying customer needs.
JUDGEMENT AND DECISION MAKING: Decision Quality
- Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues
- Able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics
- Review facts and weigh options.
Section 8: Other Information
Guidelines: Indicate any information that would be helpful in understanding the nature, scope or purpose of the position, or any unusual or hazardous conditions associated with performing the position.
- May be asked to provide secondary or tertiary support during weekends / holidays
- Readiness to provide support to the team lead and primary support associate to address the overflow.