Cloud Release Manager
Do you crave the creativity and freedom of a startup but the stability of a large, established company? Are you seeking the autonomy to take risks, make decisions and drive business success? Do you want to accelerate your career to the next level?
Ingram Micro Cloud, a business unit of Ingram Micro, powers the world’s largest cloud marketplace, and is committed to helping our partners accelerate their digital business success by leveraging our hyperscale platform technology, infinite ecosystem of cloud solutions from the biggest innovators in the tech industry, and go-to-market support and resources to drive adoption and growth. With proven proficiency in SaaS, IaaS, IoT, security, and XaaS technologies, we invite visionaries to join our team and make an impact on this fast-growing industry.
Ingram Micro is seeking a Release Manager: Global Product Management who is responsible for working with internal clients, external vendors and Ingram Micro project teams to drive the project vision, objectives and take ultimate ownership for delivering impactful Marketplace solutions with the project team.
Ingram Micro’s mission is to help businesses to fully realize the promise of technology. Touching 80% of the technology used every day around the world, no other company delivers the full spectrum and scale of global technology to businesses around the world. With almost $50 billion annual revenue in 50+ countries and 32,000+ associates worldwide, Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in platform technology, cloud, and mobility enable our customers to operate efficiently and successfully in the digital economy.
Release Manager: Global Product Management
Why should you consider a Release Manager: Global Product Management position at Ingram Micro Cloud? Because you would like to play a pivotal role in growing our business while embracing opportunities to share your expertise and continue to learn. This job is perfect for you if you have a passion for discovering what’s next in technology and business, and if you’re the type of thinker who always places customers and business outcomes first. If you are excited to play in a massive and constantly growing ecosystem of ISVs, keep on reading.
The Release Manager will interface and communicate with engineers, product managers and business unit leads on a daily basis to unblock issues and get products out the door. He or she will accumulate release data and use it to manage up, providing regular reports and meeting updates to the executive management team, including the VP Products, VP Sales and CTO.
What To Expect During The Interview
When you meet with us, we’ll ask you to share real examples of how you effectively managed large-scale projects and communicated across many layers of an organization, from the ground level to upper management. We’ll also ask you about the challenges of working with technical teams located around the world. Finally, we’ll encourage you to demonstrate strategic thinking, and show us that you’ll be a strong contributor to strategic initiatives.
We’re looking for a Release Manager who is unafraid to rise to these expectations:
- Own, lead and drive the release process end-to-end, from planning through execution to launch
- Coordinate with product management, engineering, support, documentation, training and field organizations to ensure timely and high quality releases
- Manage the Engineering/Development pipeline and report on engineering issues and help in resolution of blocking issues
- Enforce the release process while maintaining flexibility and prioritizing the needs of the business
- Administer tools and automate processes used in release management
- Influence internal stakeholders to establish new rules of engagement and drive standardization
- Track release activity, conduct release milestone reviews, assess risks, secure stakeholder sign-offs and own all internal communication related to releases
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality. Report on quality of release, number of defects and implement “Get Well” plans for systemic issues
- Create, develop, maintain, and strengthen business relationships with new and existing vendors, customers and partners
- Ensure ISV enablement: Be the trusted advisor to the ISV Partner at multiple levels within the organization as they launch their cloud applications. Secure and coordinate resources and programs to enable ISV to launch new applications on Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace
- Act as a liaison between Engineering and Product Management teams and internal key stakeholders to understand business expectations and develop the plan to implement appropriate operational processes
What You Must Bring To The Table
- 5 plus years of experience/knowledge in release management, project management or program management functions
- Process optimization/re-engineering experience
- Advanced analytical and fast-based decision-making capabilities
- Strong customer focus and ability to set and manage customer expectations
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment
- Strong project management skills, able to deliver commitments under multiple constraints and short timelines and to continuously re-prioritize workload to address the areas with the highest value and impact to the customer
- Ability to prepare, present, and explain information in a clear and comprehensive way to audiences with different levels of seniority and domains of expertise
- Proven experience at working effectively with geographically disperse teams
Apply If You Have The Following
- SCRUM Master, PMI and/or Lean certifications
- Ninja-level skills in JIRA and Confluence, as well as Excel and PowerPoint
- Positive “can-do” attitude that helps you consistently deliver above expectations
- Advanced leadership skills, regularly influencing peer groups and senior executives
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
- A desire to never stop learning and contribute as needed
- Experience working in agile environments with SCRUM methodologies