Tier 2 Desktop Site Support (2nd Shift)
WHO IS INGRAM MICRO?
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Life cycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
- Position responsible for the monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of all IS solutions at supported office, facility, as well as, remote users.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must have working knowledge of basic, intermediate, and advanced desktop/PC, server and network troubleshooting.
- Must be able to analyze computer issues and quickly develop the best course of action.
- Must also have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows 7 & 10, Server 2008/2012 and knowledge of networking with hands-on experience.
- Will also be expected to assist remotely to support other facilities within the US and Internationally. IS solutions supported include (but not limited to) network appliances, wireless devices, telephony equipment and integration, mobile devices, radio frequency guns, desktop hardware, software and related peripherals.
- The Site Support Technician will provide level 1 and level 2 support to end users and enable Moves, Adds and Changes to the environment.
- Will maintain operating efficiency by working with end users and provide support service as needed.
- Responsible for the facility's 2nd shift IT needs.
- Minimum High School Diploma; prefer Associate Degree Comp TIA A+ certification preferred.
- Ability/knowledge to talk to customers at multiple levels/all areas of the business to formulate business integration plans.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in local language onsite
- Working understanding of Microsoft Windows Operating systems and administration with similar technologies.
- Working hands-on troubleshooting knowledge of desktop support and desktop operating systems and Windows servers.
- Working hands-on troubleshooting knowledge of LAN design, implementation, and administration.
- Working understanding of VoIP.
- Conceptual understanding of design, implementation and administration of current communication technologies.
- Working understanding of general business operations including sales, finance, operations, and purchasing.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio, O365.