Junior Business Controller Sweden
This job is ideal for you if you are looking for:
- Creating your own foundation of valid and trustworthy financial business partnering
- Job in an industry in constant change and with many stakeholders
- Be part of a small controlling team supporting business with revenue of 8 bn sek
For our Sweden operation we are seeking to recruit a person (m/f) for the position of Junior Business Controller that will be based in Stockholm.
Key role in establishing a strong controlling entity
This person will be part of Swedish Business Controlling team of three persons, led by Senior Finance Business Partner. As part of this team, you will contribute to help our Swedish business leadership community understand our profitability performance against our targets (both Profit & Loss and Working Capital) and support with initiatives to generate higher profits and find savings.
To succeed in this role, you like to work in a dynamic and international environment. This is a new role that will support and analyze all Line of Business’ to ensure the units have accurate reports to follow up targets. You will be a crucial player in designing and developing the role together with the team and over time there are opportunities to take on more responsibility for a business area.
You will need to find the best way of reporting and reading our results, so it makes sense when interpreting the business behind us and giving predictable data about the business ahead of us. That will require interest and curiosity, and an ability to ask the right questions. This role requires entrepreneurial approach, and you must like building a good structure and foundation while navigating through the organization and distribution channel changes.
More specifically the role will be mainly concentrating on the following areas:
- Take part in budget (annual), forecast (quarterly) and monthly projection (weekly) processes
- Monthly close analysis to ensure accurate reporting and business allocations
- Financial reporting and analysis of actuals compared to different scenarios and deviation explanations.
- Continuously improve the controlling function in finding standardized ways of working
- Taking an active role in preparing for Business Reviews
- Focus on sales and gross profit elements and profitability
- Act as a sparring partner to the Swedish organisation and Line of Business managers
- Cooperate with finance partners in other countries to find best practice
- Support in evaluating new deals
- Support with data for analysis and presentations
This person will be supported by Swedish Controlling team in Sweden and collaborate with the Nordic Accounting team in Sweden and our Shared Service Center in Sofia (Bulgaria), where all transactions are booked and all GL accounts are reconciled.
Who you are
You know your numbers and have a strong commercial mindset. You don’t do reports for the sake of reporting, but constantly challenge the existing to make sure you spend time on activities supporting business development and management decision-making.
Required for this position is:
- University degree in Finance/Economics/Accounting required
- Minimum 2-years of relevant experience in a Finance/Controlling role, preferably from a global company
- Strong analytical, numerical, and interpersonal skills
- Structured and organized, and strong sense of ownership
- Strong focus on quality and continual improvement
- Good communication and presentation skills. Able to simplify complex arguments in both verbal and written communication
- Experience of using various BI-tools and skilled in Excel.
- Comfortable navigating with different and complex tasks with different stakeholders
- High energy level and pro-active attitude
- Curious to learn and a positive can-do attitude
- Fluent written and spoken English and Swedish
- Successful in work both independently and as a team member
About Ingram Micro
Ingram Micro is the world's largest wholesale technology distributor and a global leader in IT supply-chain, mobile device lifecycle services and logistics solutions. As a vital link in the technology value chain, Ingram Micro creates sales and profitability opportunities for vendors and resellers through unique marketing programs, outsourced logistics and mobile solutions, technical support, financial services and product aggregation and distribution. The company is the only global broad-based IT distributor, serving approximately 160 countries on six continents with the world's most comprehensive portfolio of IT products and services. Ingram Micro is named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies in the world.