1st Line Support Engineer (FTC)
1st Line Support Engineer
An exciting full time Fixed Term Contract opportunity within our Managed Services team has become available at Comms-care until June 2021, there is the potential for this position to become permanent for the right candidate.
As a 1st Line Support Engineer you will work as part of a passionate team to assist with internal IT support, Managed Services provision and remote support to on-site field-based engineers.
At times, you will be working in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer satisfaction. Ideally you will have a keen interest in IT and be a pro-active self-starter.
You will need to possess confident communication skills as the role will involve dealing with a variety of customer’s, internal employees and 3rd party support vendors. The primary role will include elements of administration and reporting. Ideally you will be studying your CCNA or have equivalent knowledge of Cisco and have an awareness of desktop support/troubleshooting.
Salary: up to £18,000 + on-call / OT
Location: Northwich, CW9 7UA (Remote opportunities also considered)
Duties & Essential job functions:
Principal Accountabilities but not limited to the following;
- Provide 1st Line triage / troubleshooting
- Identifying when to escalate calls to ensure SLA achievement
- Liaising with 3rd party / vendor support teams
- Escalating calls to 2nd / 3rd line Engineers where necessary
- Providing regular progress updates to customers
- Administration of operational documents
- Able to work On Call when required
- Agreeable to working shifts
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of technology, knowledge of Cisco networking equipment and systems would be advantageous
- Strong Computer skills, experience of using Microsoft Office and data entry / ticketing systems
- Experience in a Support / Service / Helpdesk environment
- Must be extremely organized and well presented with excellent all-round communication skills
- Willingness to take on new responsibilities, a can-do attitude and attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised at times but possess a team-oriented mentality
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- 23 Days annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays (increasing with service)
- Additional Day off for your birthday
- Great working environment
- Auto-enrolment Pension
- Health Care
- Various local discounts
Who we are
Comms-care, part of the Ingram Micro Group, is a multi-award winning, channel only, leading IT Service Provider supporting customers across the UK. We assist over 850 channel partners who in turn provide IT support to over 30,000 end users across the UK and Ireland. Our HQ is situated on Cheshire Business Park in Lostock Gralam and is a hive of activity providing excellent service to our customers. Our #oneteam mentality provides a great atmosphere and brilliant working environment for everybody.
Make an application to join the team
Our team is as much about our people as it is our customers and business partners. We want associates with a strong desire to succeed. We offer a competitive base, bonus and benefits package.