Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
- Responsible for purchasing of products and services to meet company requirements and maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Negotiates best deals with vendors and ensures adherence to quality and delivery standards.
- Interfaces with multiple internal departments to resolve discrepancies related to invoicing, shipments, etc.
- Buyers may specialize in a specific area (e.g. services, IT products, etc.) or functional support (sales). Support personnel manage the paperwork and purchasing systems transactions to ensure adherence to procedures.
What you bring to the role:
- Entry-level position typically requiring little to no prior experience.
- Work is routine or follows standard procedures.
- Work is closely supervised. Problems faced are routine with clearly defined solutions.
- Communicates information that requires little explanation or interpretation.
- Possesses moderate understanding of general aspects of job.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment.
- Has little or no role in decision-making.
- Works under close direction of senior personnel in the functional area.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 0-1 year general experience.
- 1 year functional experience strongly desired.
- Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.