[ICO PROMOTION] IS Sr Support Specialist-PHL
JOB DESCRIPTION – IS Senior Support Specialist
JOB TITLE: IS Sr. Support Specialist (WEB and Other Technologies)
JOB CODE: 966273
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze Projects and Enhancements requirements to create functional design document
- Analyze WEB preventive measures requirements to reduce or eliminate the recurring issues to create functional design document
- Analyze Technical Recovery Plan for Disaster Recovery
- Understand the functional design created by peers and other team members
- Review the functional design created by other team members
Percent of time spent in this area…20
- Create design documents to implement small enhancements
- Create design documents to implement WEB preventive measures to reduce or eliminate the recurring issues
- Design Technical Recovery Plan for Disaster Recovery
- Understand the technical design created by peers and other team members and.
- Review the technical design created by other team members
Percent of time spent in this area…20
- Complete Coding and Unit Testing of small enhancements
- Complete Coding and Unit Testing of WEB preventive measures to reduce or eliminate the recurring issues
- Complete coding based on the Design of Technical Recovery Plan for Disaster Recovery
Percent of time spent in this area…15
Technical & Analytical
- Provide high quality technical support for Supply Chain and Logistic applications support including Web/ERP and other technologies as required
- Deliver effective technical customer support to our rapidly growing customer base, delivering solutions to both technical and non-technical end users while also supporting a wide range of technologies.
- Taking ownership of technical issues, taking action to resolve problems, troubleshooting and working with our other groups like infrastructure, networking, database, process and other groups to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
- Resolving escalated customer complaints without the need for team lead intervention
- Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps
- Participation in providing training to customers as required
- Researching technical issues and filling reports regarding issues
- Report defects or offer suggestions for product improvement. Through their investigations, contribute to product knowledge and help make future technical support easier.
- Support Engineers will be required to be on-call 24x7 on a rotating basis throughout the year.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, and provide break-fix support to make system stable and operational.
- Contribute to Disaster Recovery plans and procedures.
- Contribute to Quality Assurance processes and ITIL process adherence including following change management, incident management and problem management procedures.
Percent of time spent in this area…25
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to a high performance environment.
- Fully understand Ingram Micro’s policies and procedures and act in accordance with all company policies.
Percent of time spent in this area…10
- Adhere to project priorities and deadlines and proactively communicate risks and/or issues that may impact project objectives, budgets or timelines
- Follow PMO guidelines for project delivery and development methodology and assist in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities (process, people and or technology) to improve project delivery and/or development methodologies.
Percent of time spent in this area…10
III. JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Relevant Science and Math disciplines with an IT emphasis is required. Preferred 4-8 years of technical experience, with at least 3-5 years of experience with middleware applications or Master’s degree plus 3-6 years technical experience
Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job include:
[For IS Sr. Support Specialists - WEB]
- Expert knowledge of the Microsoft technology stack, including .NET, Commerce Server, Share Point, SQL and TFS.
- Excellent development and support skills in SSIS
- Knowledge of, and experience in, high availability Web ecommerce B2B applications.
- Knowledge of Software Application Lifecycle processes such as defect tracking, automated build, requirements management, version control, continuous integration and code development best practices.
- Thorough understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, switches, routers)
- Experience with Virtualization, VDI and working with remote team members
- Thorough understanding and hands on experience with XML, Schema, XPATH and XML parsers is required
- Very good knowledge of working with databases (Oracle, SQL Server,) and SQL, PLSQL.
- Development and Support experience on web based .NET based applications
- Communicates well both orally and in writing.
IV. BEHAVORIAL COMPETENCIES:
- Expresses ideas, details, information, etc. clearly and concisely in oral and written form.
- Listens attentively to others and helps them articulate their requests, concerns, or issues.
- Communicates honestly and openly in a way that shows value and respect for others.
- Tailors the content and medium of communication to the audience, and provides clear answers to questions. Provides others with sufficient information to complete tasks or projects.
- Produces documents that are clear, concise and grammatically correct.
- Comfortable in presenting various levels on information to highest levels of executive staff members
- Solicits and readily accepts constructive feedback.
- Presents feedback to others in a tactful manner.
- Maintains composure when addressing an adversarial or hostile audience.
- Addresses conflict directly, confidentially, and appropriately.
- Accepts individual/team responsibilities and meet commitments. Takes responsibility for own performance and actions.
- Can interact with executive level internal and external business and IS representatives adjusting the level of communication to the audience.
- Researches and collects appropriate data points for effective decision making.
- Readily makes recommendations using documentation, facts and subject matter expertise to support conclusions.
- Considers the possible outcomes and corresponding consequences when taking risks.
- Independently makes decisions against moderate to highly complex end-to-end solutions.
- Can clearly translate and articulate technical solutions to business teams and in turn deliver IS solution requirements for highly complex processes.
Develops Innovative Practices and Works as a Team Member
- Identifies new ways to improve work processes leveraging middleware.
- Recognizes when it is appropriate to challenge the status quo and when it is not.
- Supports team decisions to implement changes, suggestions, improvements, and solutions.
- Encourages and supports the exploration and application of best practices
- Enthusiastically participates in cross-functional efforts.
- Shares resources across teams to benefit the company’s goals.
- Develops proactive working relationships across departmental/organizational boundaries.
Acts with Integrity & Respect
- Prevents personal conflicts from interfering with his/her objectivity.
- Consistently arrives on time for meetings and appointments.
- Accepts responsibility for the results of his/her decisions and actions.
- Behaves in a way that is consistent with Ingram Micro’s values.
- Communicates important information without compromising confidentiality.
- Encourages diverse perspectives when discussing issues.
- Effectively plans and communicates needs for resources to ensure goals are met.
- Breaks down complex tasks into simpler steps that others can more easily follow.
- Gives direct reports additional responsibility as they demonstrate competence.
- Follows up to ensure that major implementation milestones are met.
- Determines the appropriate amount of direct supervision necessary when assigning work.
- Establishes clear roles, expectations, directions and priorities for team members and direct reports.
- Helps others to resolve conflicting priorities.
- Meets with associates regularly to discuss goals, expectations, and performance.
- Gives both positive and constructive feedback.
- Effectively addresses behavior that undermines teamwork.
- Develops specific action plans to remedy subordinate performance deficiencies.
- Empowers others with the authority necessary to accomplish their objectives.
- Measures and tracks the quality of services and products.
- Helps others understand the importance of a change, initiative, or program and visualize what it will look like when it is done.
- Delegates an appropriate amount of work to direct reports.
- Responds to customer concerns even when those concerns fall outside his/her area of responsibility.
V. MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Solves complex problems where development of new solutions, methods, and systems will result in a major impact on the department’s overall success.
- Analyzes problems quickly and develops business solutions to complex problems.
- Performs efficient and effective analysis and complete task level activities.
- Analyzes current methods and procedures, recommends and implements improvements.
- Daily sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard for over 60 minutes at a time.
- Communicates by telephone for up to 120 minutes at a time on a daily basis.
- Writes using pen/pencil or personal computer keyboard for up to 120 minutes at a time on a daily basis.
- Reads printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
- Ability to travel by car, train and/or air.
VI. EQUIPMENT USED AND NECESSARY:
Mobile device such a Blackberry
Advanced computer equipment
May be required to work in an office environment, with or without air conditioning and fluorescent lighting. May also be required to spend time in a distribution center, without air conditioning. Some geographies may have remote office conditions of lower standards than the home country.
THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Description for IS Senior Support Specialist @Ingram Micro