Associate III, Accounting (Accountant)*
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
- Incumbents in this job family have responsibilities encompassing one or more areas of General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and/or Billing.
- Responsible for processing receivables, ensuring timely and accurate charge entries and preparing deposits.
- Responsible for maintaining accounts and records in various accounting functions.
- Collects and analyzes financial data and prepares reports and recommendations.
- Reviews, verifies and approves transactions and journal entries.
- Prepares income and balance sheet, profit and loss, consolidated and other accounting statements.
- Codes, enters and prepares invoices, and responds to customer and vendor inquiries.
- Reviews invoices and ensures proper approvals.
- Records, enters and pays invoices.
- Also, analyzes account performance, makes recommendations to release orders on past due accounts and investigates bankruptcy claims. Maintains records and files and generates related reports.
- Ensures procedures and internal controls are followed in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley initiatives.
What you bring to the role:
- Seasoned individual contributor.
- Works under limited supervision for routine situations.
- Provides assistance and training to lower level employees.
- Problems typically are not routine and require analysis to understand. Makes minor adjustments to working methods.
- Explains practices, procedures and policies to reach agreement wit others outside of the job area.
- Provides administrative or technical support at a senior level.
- Proficient in the various competencies relevant to their job.
- May act as a lead or mentor to more junior technical or administrative support personnel.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Generally works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function.
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- May be informal team leader.
- Two year college degree or equivalent experience and minimum 3 year experience in functional area. OR High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years functional experience, preferably at a senior level.
- Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.