Application Support Analyst-IND
Application Support Engineer
Ingram Micro Cloud is a part of a large Ingram Micro corporation with over 30,000 employees worldwide.
We are actively engaged in the Cloud business development – building an automated platform that provides access to the leading global cloud services, such as Dropbox, Google for work, Acronis Cloud, Amazon EC2, Office 365, Azure and many others through a single portal.
Our platform combines cloud technologies into a single ecosystem that allows both small hosting companies and large global telecom operators to automate processes and quickly provide end users with a control panel or portal that you can use to create a site, set up mail, buy an antivirus or virtual machine in the cloud.
Being part of Technical Support team, you will be responsible for providing quality and professional support for Ensim products, serving customers from all over the world 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This role processes technical requests related to Ensim products and interacts with customers over the phone, by email and in chat. Support engineers interact with different cultures, and get to solve customer and technical challenges on everyday basis.
What is waiting for you here:
· Your career in our company will start with a Support Engineer position in technical support department.
· Ensim support department is the team that single-handedly provides technical support to our customers around the world;
· Here you will get acquainted with our product and learn about all the features of the platform, get a tremendous experience of working and communicating in English with customers from different countries.
· Moreover, here you will find continuous development, a variety of career paths, attending various training courses for professional and personal growth with subsequent certification.
We are looking for an engineer responsible for the items below:
- Investigate customer issues reported, troubleshoot and identify solutions and root causes;
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers by email, by phone and in chat;
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues in the request tracker;
- Ensure that problems are solved by applying the correct procedures and documentation, and providing feedback according to SLA;
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams;
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles;
- Interact with R&D Team when it is necessary;
- Adhere to defined standards and measures for quality and customer satisfaction requirements;
QUALIFICATIONS, DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
What you bring to the role:
- Previous experience as a system administrator (Windows Server/ Unix) with more than one-year experience;
- Proficient UNIX/Linux knowledge and skillset;
- Understanding of system logs and experience with troubleshooting/monitoring utilities;
- Practical experience with some hosting software like services (basic configuration, troubleshooting):
- Mail – Qmail, MS Exchange;
- DNS servers;
- SQL – MySQL, PostgreSQL;
- A deep understanding of DNS system principles and the Internet as a distributed network in general;
- General operations on domain names: registration, transferring, cancellation, renewal;
- Knowledge of SQL queries (especially for PostgreSQL), in-depth knowledge of database management systems;
- Analytical mindset, detail oriented, and passion for digging into log records in attempt to identify root cause of reported issue;
- Basic understanding of telecommunications billing process: resource usage calculation and service invoicing (how customer is getting billed for his purchases, what documents are used)
- E-commerce processing: how customer can pay for his services using some payment processing center
- A very basic knowledge of taxation system: how taxes are calculated and applied to the documents;
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering (preferably Computer Science) or equivalent;
- Fluent English
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Logical and Analytical Thinking;
- Problem solving and investigation;
- Time management and ability to deliver on deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with others;
- Ability and willingness to work night shifts;
Additional pluses are:
- Able to write scripts in some administrative language (Python, Perl, Shell)
- Has experience of Web development (static HTML+CSS, framework-based websites) from the very beginning (like domain name registration) to website to hosting deployment; web
- Familiarity with issue tracking systems (e.g. Atlassian JIRA);
- Any background in software development would be a big plus;
- Ability to read PHP code and correctly interpret it;
If you have answered "Yes" to most of the points - boldly respond to our vacancy as we are looking exactly for you!
Ingram Micro Cloud is a leading company in cloud platforms development. Our company is changing the world of information technologies and we are looking for candidates who are willing to grow in the IT field and devote themselves entirely to work, invest their experience and desire for success. You can either change the world with us or one day find yourself reading on the news how we have already done that!