Fulfillment Solution Project Manager
Fulfillment Solution Project Manager
WHO IS INGRAM MICRO?
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Fulfillment Solutions Project Management is a team of individuals that drive new business opportunities for existing and future clients. The Fulfillment Solutions Project Manager is a dynamic position that is responsible for the coordination and success of new logistics business opportunities. We are seeking an ambitious, bright, organized candidate with operations, 3PL and supply chain experience to join our team at our Irvine corporate office.
The Fulfillment Solutions Project Manager’s responsibilities include managing functional areas in meeting key initiatives in order to provide a best in class supply chain or 3PL solution resulting in a well thought out proposal. Functions will include requirement reviews, solution recommendations, proposal writing and project plan/timeline management. This position will also be cross trained for implementation project management which includes requirements gathering, testing processes, risk and change management, gap deviation, documenting processes, and facility readiness reviews. The work will be accomplished through initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing business initiatives as outline in the scope, timeline and budget of the project.
Project Manage initiatives that pertain to the livelihood and advancement of the business
- Supporting Actions: Initiating, planning, executing, monitor & control and closing projects. Each phase of the project will include weekly progress reviews, requirements gathering for scope description, project plan or timeline completion and management, costing and price management plus executive communication. The Fulfillment Solution Project Manager is responsible for a quality proposal which includes solution understanding, solution and/or capabilities writing, plus attention to detail to ensure the solution supports the requirements. Strong support needed to assist the key functional business groups with managing key deliverables ensuring a successful and quality project.
- End Results: Completion of a project to include the management of timeline, scope and budget with proper documentation for future reference. Goals and scope should be clearly identified in the beginning of each project in order to properly close with measurable activities completed. A quality proposal clearly representing the solution with relative costing/pricing is the end result.
Project Manage and solution design of new business opportunities.
- Supporting Actions: Work with sales, solution design and functional area experts to solution and cost business opportunities meeting client requirements. A heavy understanding of facility structure and operations in order to participate in solution with thoughtful recommendations.
- End Results: Quality solutions and proposals that represent Ingram’s capabilities while meeting client requirements.
Oversee complex client and warehouse projects, programs, and teams working closely with Technology and Operations.
- Supporting Actions: Lead and coordinate project planning activities, and develop detailed plans and schedules, with a keen focus on process. Manage communication of progress/status within the core team and external teams (customers, partners, etc.). Escalate issues appropriately when necessary. Identify execution risks and work to eliminate, manage or mitigate those risks. Lead regular reviews with key stakeholders. Ability to contribute to the growth and maturity of our Project Management organization.
- End Results: Well managed project paying attention to scope, timeline and budget with the ability to manage change and profitability verification.
- 3-5 projects at a time
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of successful planning and managing the complete life cycle of large-scale projects, with competing resources, priorities, and multiple stakeholders.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience with Operations, 3PL and/or warehousing.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Ability to lead teams, drive towards collaboration and work efficiently under changing priorities, time constraints and responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technology, and complex workflows.
- Self-starter with natural ability to work in a lean environment.
- Team player with strong situational leadership skills and credibility to interact at all levels, and build strong relationships with business leaders in order to effect change.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Hands-on and results oriented with a strong work ethic and sense of personal responsibility.
- Up to 25% travel
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.