Associate III, Customer Support
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions.
With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
- Takes initial customer calls and answers general questions regarding company products and services.
- Refers callers to appropriate resources including inbound sales, billing, technical support, etc. Follows-up to customer inquiries regarding orders, shipment tracing, returned goods, etc.
- May determine caller eligibility for technical support and transfers calls to technical support queues.
- Other responsibilities include data entry, use of internal databases to answer customer questions and writing internal/external non-technical documentation.
- Documents customer concerns and forwards complaint trends to appropriate departments.
What you bring to the role:
- Seasoned individual contributor. Works under limited supervision for routine situations.
- Provides assistance and training to lower level employees. Problems typically are not routine and require analysis to understand.
- Makes minor adjustments to working methods. Explains practices, procedures and policies to reach agreement wit others outside of the job area.
- Provides administrative or technical support at a senior level. Proficient in the various competencies relevant to their job.
- May act as a lead or mentor to more junior technical or administrative support personnel.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Generally works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function. Normally receives little instruction on daily work.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- May be informal team leader.
College degree and minimum 3 years experience in functional area. Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.