*** $500 Sign-on Bonus***
Primary role to serve as a driver assistant on field pickups.
Performs quality control, sorting and maintaining flow of materials at customer pickups and throughout warehouse.
- Will be used as a driver helper.
- The driver helper must follow the lead of the driver who is the team lead. This means collaborating and communicating well as to present a unified and professional front for the benefit of the client.
- Lifting up to 50 LBS on a frequent basis.
- Must be flexible with work hours to accommodate scheduling needs of customers. Some overnights and after hours work is mandatory.
- Load and unload materials in warehouses and storage facilities. Materials may be moved from trucks or other transport equipment.
- Receive materials into an organization and verify materials against invoices to ensure accuracy of the delivery.
- Count or weigh parts to check quantity accuracy.
- Pick parts for shipment and package according to shipping procedures. Must be able to shrink wrap pallets.
- Use of material moving equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts and dollies to bring products and materials to an appropriate location.
Percent of time spent in this area: Varies dependent upon driver’s schedule
Results: Ensure that materials have been properly packaged and prepared to be shipped accordingly.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to two years of experience with basic warehouse material handling
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Individual must possess good communication skills as well as good customer relations skills. Must have basic knowledge of operating a computer. Microsoft Suite knowledge a plus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Some overnight travel required
Occasional sitting, focusing on and operating a computer several times a day.
Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination.
Daily lifting up to 50 lbs. Daily carrying up to 50 lbs.
Constant standing, walking, stooping. Constant reaching, handling products.
Able to use a Pallet Jack and move materials weighing up to 2000 lbs.
EQUIPMENT USED AND NECESSARY:
Warehouse environment; exposure to heat and cold (equivalent to outside temperatures); dust, pollen, fumes (as in normal outside environment); noise.