Senior Technical Support Engineer - APJ - (Contractor)
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, we are leading the way to next-level DDI with our Secure Cloud-Managed Network Services, bringing next-level security, reliability, and automation to cloud and hybrid systems—all managed through a single pane of glass. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer (TSE) to join our APJ Support team in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. In this role, you will focus on supporting Infoblox’s customers by responding to their technical inquiries via phone, email, and web. You will analyze and diagnose customer problems and then provide workarounds to solve the issue.
You’re the ideal candidate if you have a relentless pursuit of results and are always trying to understand the customers’ “what, why, and how?” You also enjoy the thrill of solving customer’s technical pain points and driving the issues to resolution. To be successful in this role, you should possess a naturally inquisitive nature, be hands-on, like to tinker with technology, proactive and positive, learn from mistakes, and have the maturity to solve customer complex situations in creative ways.
What you’ll do:
- Provide remote technical support for Infoblox customers and partners
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Partner with and support assigned Infoblox Technical Account Manager, Resident Engineer, and Presales Engineer
- Provide root cause analysis document for outages when needed
- Recommend new and existing solutions, which involve enhancing application/systems functionality, features, and defect repair
- Be intuitive and inventive by providing solutions and workarounds for customers
- Install and configure Infoblox products as well as third-party software for support lab testing purpose when needed
- Complete rotational on-call duty as assigned
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- 6+ years remote Technical support
- Systems administration/Network administration background desirable
- Knowledge of network security management, firewalls, and security protocols
- Experience with mitigation of security threats at the firewall level and proficiency of attack patterns and DNS specific attacks
- Strong expertise in TCP/IP and networking protocols
- Sound knowledge of DNS, DHCP, and other product-related protocols and technology
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed network topology maps
- Ability to read log-level data such as; sniffer traces, SNMP traps, crash files, and system logs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English and Mandarin a must
- End-to-end IP networking troubleshooting skill
- Strong customer service skills and team player
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a high-pressure, fast-paced, fast-growth environment
What success looks like:
After six months, you will….
- Autonomously working on level 1 & level 2 cases to resolution
- Successfully achieve our highest level 3 technical troubleshooting competency through our CDAT certification
- Learn some of our best in class internal processes and tools required for the role
After about a year, you will…
- Independently work on critical Severity-1 calls to resolution
- Be able to independently engage with Infoblox Engineering
- Contribute to creating technical content/KB articles
- Provide guidance and consultation for junior/new engineers
- Participate in rotation on-call duties as assigned
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.