Senior Commercial Counsel
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Senior Commercial Counsel to join our AMS Legal team (U.S. remote), reporting to the assistant general counsel. In this role, you will work on the most exciting legal issues, as game-changing technological innovations require innovative legal guidance. You will be part of a nimble, business-minded group of in-house lawyers and a key contributor to the company’s privacy, compliance, and product development efforts. You will take on projects that challenge you to think creatively and work collaboratively with Bloxers from all over the company and around the world. And as an integral part of the team, you will proactively assess legal and compliance risks and advise on products that will move networking and data security to the next level.
You’re the ideal candidate if you have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure. You also have polished communication skills, a sense of humor, and a can-do attitude.
What you’ll do:
- Review, draft, and manage technology licenses and intellectual property agreements, SaaS/cloud agreements, partnership and vendor agreements, services agreements and statements of work, terms of service and end-user agreements, data processing agreements (DPAs), and support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes
- Drive tech solutions for handling legal workflow
- Advise cross-functional stakeholders on legal issues and risks, approval processes, human resources, company policies and procedures, intellectual property, GDPR and other privacy and regulatory compliance, business strategy as part of commercial transactions, product development, and day-to-day business operations
- Respond promptly to legal requests from Sales, Finance, Products, Business Development, Marketing, Human Resources, and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that businesspeople can implement
- Counsel on evolving EU data protection and privacy regulations and best practices, including GDPR and DPAs
- Manage agreements that comply with company policies and risk tolerance
What you’ll bring:
- A minimum of six years of in-house and/or top-tier law firm experience in technology licensing or transactional law
- Qualified and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status) in the state in which you reside
- Demonstrated experience advising clients in structuring complex domestic and international transactions
- Background in drafting and negotiating service agreements, sales contracts, licenses, alliance agreements, and intellectual property agreements
- Experience with government contracting, compliance, and flow down requirements
- Expertise in GDPR and other domestic and international data protection and privacy regulations
- Product counseling and compliance
- Familiarity with network security, cloud computing, SaaS, business associate agreements, professional services, and privacy law
- JD degree or equivalent degree
What success looks like:
After six months, you will…
- Develop a strong understanding of Infoblox’s products and business model
- Build partnerships with cross-functional leaders
- Focus negotiations on the most critical aspects of Infoblox’s objectives
After about a year, you will…
- Become an expert on Infoblox’s contracting model and sales cycle
- Establish yourself as a trusted partner and advisor to your cross-functional peers
- Help continue to shape company policy and use the legal process to meet the company’s short- and long-term goals
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy, depending on your location…
- Onsite massages, clubs, farmers market, and fitness classes
- Delicious and healthy snacks and beverages
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Outdoor amenities, seating, and courtyard BBQ
- Dog park and pet-friendly programs
- Newly remodeled offices with state-of-the-art amenities
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.