Senior Enterprise Technical Support Engineer
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Senior Enterprise Technical Support Engineer to join our Support Operations team in Bangalore, reporting to the manager of Technical Support. In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical assistance to Infoblox customers. This involves responding to customer inquiries via phone, email, and web; diagnosing and analyzing problems; and providing workarounds for customers. This is a complex, fast-paced environment, and you will own the most critical part of the customer experience.
You’re the ideal candidate if you are a strategic thinker who is driven to collaborate across teams, operates independently, and deadline and results driven.
What you’ll do:
- Provide remote technical support for Infoblox customers and partners
- Take ownership of customer issues and see problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge-based tech notes and articles
- Recommend new and existing solutions, which involve enhancing application and systems functionality, features, and defect repair
- Use your intuition and innovation to provide solutions and workarounds for customers
- Install and configure Infoblox products and third-party software for support lab testing purposes
- Support a 24x7x365 organization by working rotational shifts and taking on-call responsibilities
What you’ll bring:
- 18+ months remote technical support, systems administration, and network administration background desirable
- Solid knowledge in TCP/IP and networking protocols
- Solid knowledge in DNS, DHCP, and other product-related protocols and technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of one or more operating systems (Microsoft/Linux) desirable
- Working knowledge of L2, L3 devices
- Strong customer service skills
- Outstanding analytical and organizational ability
- Self-starter and a good team player with the ability to multi-task in a high-pressure, fast-paced, fast-growth environment
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience is required
What success looks like:
After six months, you will…
- Perform in shift roles like bullpen, standby, and weekend shifts
- Work with Engineering to resolve customer issues
- Handle outage calls
After about a year, you will…
- Handle all product-related issues
- Deliver TOI on existing and new features
- Work on becoming a features expert
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.