Software Engineer II
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Software Engineer II to join our Engineering team in Bangalore, reporting to the senior manager of Software Engineering. In this role, you will work in a fast-paced environment and help generate ideas, which you will quickly turn into robust, well-tested, functioning code. You will play a key role in the design, implementation, and development of exemplary code while delivering completed projects on time. As part of a world-class engineering organization, you will work closely with Product Management, Architecture, and Support teams to troubleshoot production issues and make design and architecture decisions—all while upskilling and keeping in pace with current networking trends.
You’re the ideal candidate if you are a proactive, hands-on professional who picks up new technology quickly, has excellent interpersonal skills, and is driven to find solutions while collaborating across teams.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement timely, high-quality software solutions to solve issues customers have with Infoblox core products
- Communicate and coordinate with other Product Management, Support, and Software Development teams around the world
- Take features from concept to release through all phases of development: functional and design specifications; implementation; and unit, performance, and scalability testing
- Analyze software defects, as well as security and performance issues, in a Linux-based, multi-threaded environment
- Maintain and upgrade Linux kernel and open-source libraries
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of software development experience in C programming in a Linux or Unix environment
- Strong systems background and knowledge of Linux kernel and OS internals, Multi-thread, GNU toolchain, and debugger knowledge
- Excellent development and problem-solving skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Linux platform services, performance analysis, and kernel-level debugging using gdb and other tools
- A solid understanding of networking concepts
- Familiarity with shell, Perl, and/or Python is a major plus
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware, vSphere, and vCloud Director is a plus
- A four-year degree in CS, CE, EE, or equivalent is required
- Master’s in CS, CE, or EE is preferred
What success looks like:
After six months, you will…
- Be able to understand the end-to-end application flow, collaborate with various teams to provide the required production support, deliver business requirements, and bring stability to the application
- Handle customer issues, resolution, and RFE product development independently
- Mentor juniors working on your team and collaborate well with Product Management, Engineering, and Support teams
After about a year, you will…
- Focus on identifying and addressing the root cause of defects and proactively addressing some of the issues in the application, which in turn, will give you additional bandwidth to focus on more development activities
- Be encouraged to pursue training and certifications to help you address application needs and grow your career
- Lead product development work along with effort estimates and planning releases
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including industry best insurance benefits and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy, depending on your location…
- Delicious and healthy snacks and beverages
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- A courtyard and amenities like an onsite gym, table tennis, pool table, play area, etc.
- Newly remodeled offices with state-of-the-art amenities
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.