Threat Intel Engineer II
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Threat Intelligence Engineer to join our Cyber Intelligence Unit in Bangalore, reporting to the Cyberint TAC manager. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to research threats; analyze malware behavior, threat actors, and campaigns; build your own detectors; and create labeled data sets to protect our customers. Our analysts and researchers enjoy the creative environment and ownership that comes with working projects largely from “soup to nuts.” The position is part of our larger Global Threat Intelligence organization, where members are also integral parts of the creative and technical development of our proprietary intelligence processing tools and packages.
You are the ideal candidate if you are an experienced intelligence and malware analyst who knows and understands DNS (protocols, datasets, tunneling) and are excited to understand the methods and motivations of cyber adversaries and are motivated to help protect others from cybercrime.
What you’ll do:
- Collect, analyze, and exploit data from various sources
- Develop actionable information in the form of technical indicators, reports, lists, rules, signatures, or indicators and warnings
- Perform analysis on new indicators to detect prior compromise
- Research and analyze malware and develop detection algorithms
- Research emerging threats, threat actors, TTP
- Develop and use predictive analytics to counter threats by tracking attack campaigns
- Triage and response to incidents or requests for analysis
What you’ll bring:
- 4 to 6 years in cyber security with demonstrable accomplishments in threat analysis, malware analysis, and/or threat research
- Proficiency in operating on Unix/Linux systems and experience with Python and other scripting languages
- Proficiency in architecting/processing data in AWS; comfort operating it via the command line
- Pivoting off data points to find additional information and other intelligence processes/cycles (PFM, F3EAD, etc.)
- Understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, common networking ports, protocols, and traffic flow
- Tracking and reporting on threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP)
- Demonstrated ability to document technical processes and articles on security trends
- Experience performing threat hunting and pivoting using OSINT
- Good understanding and technical foundation related to APT and various other threat actors strategy and methodologies
- Experience using MITRE ATT&CK Framework for mapping threat intelligence to classify, categorize and enrich
- Experience performing email header analysis, embedded links, attachments to identify spam and phishing emails
- Problem-solving and a team player attitude
What success looks like:
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy, depending on your location…
- Delicious and healthy snacks and beverages
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Outdoor amenities (onsite gym, table tennis, pool table, play area, etc.), and courtyard
- Newly remodeled offices with state-of-the-art amenities
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.