Director, Software Engineering
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Director, Software Engineering to join our SaaS DDI team in Burnaby, BC, reporting to the vice president of Engineering. In this role, you will provide technical leadership and direct management of development teams in our Burnaby office and around the world. Your teams will leverage cutting-edge technology, contribute to open-source initiatives, and use our microservice-based architecture to build cloud-based network service offerings. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a strong, growing, successful, and innovative organization. Infoblox allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on career growth, excellence, innovation, and collaboration.
You’re the ideal candidate if you are driven to build collaboration and cooperation across teams, are passionate about championing engineering best practices, and are results-driven.
What you’ll do:
- Manage agile teams in a continuous integration environment; build multiple products on a shared, microservice-based platform; and reliably deliver high-quality content on schedule
- Manage and facilitate multiple development teams to ensure development efforts meet corporate quality objectives and launch targets
- Drive product development from requirements to delivery, work with product management to define user stories, manage development sprints, and coordinate development efforts with other teams
- Champion development best practices within the organization, including but not limited to design, architecture, re-use, performance, and quality
- Prioritize and manage resource allocations based on changing business priorities, direction, and budget
- Attract, recruit, and retain capable individuals to build high-performing teams and establish mission and purpose for individuals and teams
- Perform career coaching and personal development; evaluate performance, including team input; and provide guidance and corrective actions
- Interact with executive management with regard to development issues and opportunities
- Act as the overall site lead for our Burnaby Centre of Excellence
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of experience in software technology with at least 5 years of experience building and mentoring high-performance development teams
- History of leading teams to deliver innovative, easy-to-use, high-performance enterprise SaaS applications
- Demonstrated ability to hire, build, coach, and manage a world-class development organization
- Strong architecture skills and technology knowledge. Ability to lead and participate in architecture, design, and technology discussions. Ability to facilitate the process of resolving challenging technical and architectural issues within and across groups.
- Strong knowledge of agile development process and CI/CD environments, specifically related to SaaS-based applications
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructures—Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS are a big plus
- Knowledge developing and debugging in system and/or object-oriented languages such as Go, C/C++, Java, Python, or similar in a Linux environment
- Strong knowledge of software design, data structures, and algorithms
- Networking knowledge and experience with DNS and DHCP protocols is a plus
- Familiarity with database design, scalability, and performance is strongly desired
- Strong knowledge in software design, data structures, and algorithms
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, or EE is required and a master’s in CS, CE, or EE is preferred
What success looks like:
After six months, you will…
- Develop your knowledge of our cloud-based application platform, micro-service architecture, and our development processes
- Lead multiple geographically diverse development teams, delivering value to our customers with our agile CI/CD pipelines
After about a year, you will…
- Work with our engineering and product management teams to define requirements and design new applications for our cloud-managed SaaS solutions
- Champion quality, innovation, and efficiency in our development tools, architecture, and processes
- Facilitate the successful adoption of our SaaS products by working with our customers, identifying enhancements, and prioritizing development
- Serve as our senior site leader in our Burnaby development office
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of our employees and their families. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy…
- Boutique office space with state-of-the-art amenities, located in the heart of Metro Vancouver area; bike-friendly and steps from SkyTrain and Metrotown Mall
- Onsite parking paid for by the company
- Generous company contribution towards RRSP (Independent of employee contribution!)
- Onsite massages, gym membership, fitness classes, ping-pong table, dartboard, and a nap room/wellness room for moms
- Stay fueled with healthy snacks, free bean-to-cup gourmet coffee options and selections of exotic teas, juices, and refreshing beverages, and biweekly Thirsty Thursday local craft beers, BC wines, and BC ciders
- Enjoy our generous PTO policy and flexible work environment because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance—sometimes your best work is done in slippers
- We are passionate about lifelong learning and growth, and offer opportunities through a world-class learning platform (Litmos), training, workshops, mentorship, and an annual up to $5,000 Career Development reimbursement benefit
- Our teams spend time together outside of work, too—we have several annual team outings, have gone on hikes and Grouse Grind, hosted family BBQs, Go Karting, boat cruises, etc.
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with diverse teams and our values grounded in ethics and equality
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.