Senior Escalation Enterprise Technical Support Engineer
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way.
Infoblox is seeking a Senior Escalation Enterprise Technical Support Engineer to join our Support Operations team in Trivandrum. Technical Support Engineers are responsible for providing technical assistance to Infoblox customers This involves responding to customer inquiries via phone, email, and web, diagnosing/analyzing problems, and providing workarounds to customers. The Infoblox environment includes networking and technologies such as DNS, DHCP, security, and cloud.
In addition to comprehensive protocol and product training, Technical Support Engineers will also participate in online training and continuing education programs by the Infoblox training team. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Technical Support based out of Trivandrum.
What you’ll do
- Provide remote technical support for Infoblox customers and partners
- Recommend new and existing solutions, which involve enhancing application/systems functionality, features, and defect repair
- Be intuitive and inventive by providing solutions and workarounds for customers
- Troubleshooting will involve work in the lab to recreate scenarios, analysis of logs, participation in web-based remote sessions with customers
- Act as the escalation point to support engineers for SaaS cases
- Conquer visibility on critical customer issues and manage your own way to successful completion
- Handle cases under the Customer Assurance Program (CAP), if required
- Adhere to internal processes to meet SLAs and SLOs for support tickets
- Communicate with the Engineering team on potential defects and manage escalated issues with engineering
- Attend engineering meetings to suggest product improvements or suggestions with the help of used cases
- Understand customer pain points and help drive escalations by coordinating between Product Management, Support groups, and other teams
- Ability to guide other engineers on advanced troubleshooting, debugging, and case management skills
- Assist in developing training programs and provide TOIs as required
- As a 24x7x365 organization, shifts, work on holidays and on-call responsibilities may be required
What you’ll bring
- 4+ years of experience working in an Enterprise Technical Support Role
- Excellent knowledge of networking fundamentals - OSI & TCP/IP model
- Excellent knowledge n layer 2 & 3 device/protocol knowledge
- Proficient knowledge of DNS and DHCP protocols and configuration
- Excellent knowledge of AWS, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, microservices, and related technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent knowledge of Python and Shell
- Excellent knowledge of Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of JIRA, Salesforce CRM (not required but a plus)
- Experience in Enterprise and Service Provider networks
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills
- Strong technical aptitude with a desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Understand and document data flows and functions of each microservice
- Knowledge of tools such as Chef and Ansible (Preferable)
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience is required
What success looks like
After six months, you will…
- Perform in shift roles like bullpen, standby, and weekend shifts
- Work with Engineering to resolve customer issues
- Handle outage calls
After about a year, you will…
- Handle all product-related issues
- Deliver TOI on existing and new features
- Work on becoming a features expert
We’ve got you covered
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.