Salesforce Release Engineer II
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, we are leading the way to next-level DDI with our Secure Cloud-Managed Network Services, bringing next-level security, reliability, and automation to cloud and hybrid systems—all managed through a single pane of glass. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Salesforce Release Engineer to join our IT Applications team in Santa Clara, California, reporting to the Director of QA, DevOps, and RMO. In this role, you will coordinate Salesforce releases, refreshes, and upgrades while supporting Infoblox’s key CRM and ERP system releases in compliance with FedRAMP and our IT change management processes. You will play a critical role in strengthening the IT release management area in Salesforce, Oracle Fusion, Boomi, and other IT enterprise application releases. The Salesforce Release Engineer will also deliver continuous improvement through their deep expertise in build, install, test, and deployment, while following IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices and FedRAMP compliance requirements.
You are the ideal candidate if you work collaboratively across teams, operate independently, drive results, and are inspired by this team’s motto: Successful release management isn’t about putting out fires—it's about preventing them.
The Salesforce Release Engineer must be a US citizen with extensive experience in driving Salesforce deployments to production.
What you’ll do:
- Define and track build and deployment plans and release schedule/calendar in alignment with the business and IT
- Facilitate release activities across all Salesforce development teams, ensuring easy and timely deployments across all environments
- Prepare and set up pipelines in CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins and GitHub
- Coordinate the refresh and upgrade schedules of vendor platforms across Salesforce.com and other IT applications
- Monitor lower environments (Salesforce sandboxes) for release processes, creating and synchronizing sandbox metadata and appropriate data sets
- Validate post-release activities, track release metrics, report successes and failures to stakeholders and teams, and follow up with the appropriate teams to be sure the failures are addressed
- Manage the sandbox creation and management practices and refresh sandboxes as needed for project lifecycles
- Identify issues and perform root-cause analyses to ensure they are not repeated
- Schedule go/no-go calls before deployments and communicate with all stakeholders
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 2+ years of driving Salesforce.com platform releases, refreshes, and upgrades
- 1+ year of Salesforce.com developer experience
- Knowledge as a Salesforce.com administrator
- Solid understanding of Salesforce.com migration tools—Salesforce Tools IDE, GitHub, Eclipse, and Version Control
- Experience with continuous integration tools and best practices, Salesforce CI/CD build and deployment processes, and automation tools including Git, Jenkins, and other emerging tools
- Experience with scripting and/or programming with languages like Python, Perl, Ant
- Experience in AWS (dev-ops tools and utilities)
- Experience with continuous integration tools and best practices
- Experience in governing waterfall and Agile/DevOps project lifecycles
- Bachelor’s degree required
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy, depending on your location…
- Onsite massages, clubs, farmers market, and fitness classes
- Delicious and healthy snacks and beverages
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Outdoor amenities, seating, and courtyard BBQ
- Dog park and pet-friendly programs
- Newly remodeled offices with state-of-the-art amenities
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.