Senior Professional Services Consultant
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Professional Services Consultant to join our Professional Services organization reporting to our Senior Manager of Professional Services. In this role, you will focus on the successful configuration of Infoblox solutions to meet the specific business requirements for an individual customer, including data migration from existing solutions. This is a remote role.
You are the ideal candidate if you thrive both as a member of a team player and an individual contributor, successfully completing deliverables and meeting or beating expectations. You are a self-starter with have a strong foundation of excellent technical skills enhanced by a clear devotion to serving and satisfying customers.
What you’ll do:
- Migrate data from the customers’ current systems and the Infoblox solution as needed
- Develop a basic understanding of the general business requirements supported by the Infoblox solution
- Identify and document the critical success factors for projects
- Document key project stakeholders
- Develop data mapping and transformation methods using Python and other UNIX tools
- Develop comprehensive implementation plans designed to migrate customers from their current architecture to their new Infoblox architecture
- Perform pre-migration testing and implementation process validation
- Adapt to different data sources/destinations, requirements, tools, etc.
- Travel up to 20% of the time within the region
What you’ll bring:
- Experience deploying/managing DNS/DHCP/IPAM in a corporate enterprise environment
- Knowledge of DNS and DHCP protocols
- Experience and understanding of DNS and DHCP implementation on UNIX
- Experience with Infoblox or other IPAM products
- Thorough knowledge of writing and using Python
- BSCS or equivalent degree with 2+ years of application development or integration experience
- Effective communication skills, including both oral and written communication
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal groups (Professional Services, Engineering, Sales) as well as with customers
- Proven experience working as part of a team of consultants and delivering on one or more projects simultaneously
- DevOps / API Ops experience a plus
What success looks like:
After six months you will:
- Self-sufficient, ability to support multiple IB products and services (migration to IB, implementation of IB services)
- Fully integrated with the PS team and other PS org’s (attend PS team meetings, utilize IB internal chat channels, PMO team, Project Managers)
- Ability to provide valuable technical input to peers regarding product and protocol knowledge.
- Have completed all required PSC training
- Demonstrated that you fully support IB values
- Successfully completed shadowing PS projects with Sr. and Principal PSC’s
- Successfully completed B1TD deployment.
- Successfully completed small refresh or upgrade project
After about a year you will:
- Positive Management review during the annual review cycle
- Successfully completed major migrations and B1DDI deployments.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to the greater PS team.
- Demonstrate team leadership within the PS team.
- Assist with pre-sales efforts
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We also offer generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.